Medusa - Page 219
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  464
+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 326 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3252

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are truly weird Robert!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict SpencerMoparFan's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Magnificent tail Rob... Tale Robert .
    When I had my last MRI for my tum-tum problem , they injected my arm with the special die . not the artery the arm ! A golfball sized lump on my inner elbow ...
    " Er Doctor lady personage missus , is that supposed to be there ?? " I asked with a slight wibbly lip and eyes like Gollum in the cave.....
    " Er **** , no ! Back in a moment..... " " I'm sorry ...WHAT....? "
    25 minutes and two atrial fibulations later another nursey lady came in , tapped the solid lump and walked off tutting loudly , not a word spoken .
    My mind filled with thoughts of septicaemia or gangrenous pustulent boils ( Sorry if you've just eaten .... )
    It was in my left arm & I'm left handed ....
    "Ok , shall we continue ?" in with another cannula like a ****ed tattooist ( I thought that was a sugar substitute ) another big injection , I shut off at this stage .
    I was livid after the ordeal and demanded to speak to the Top Surgeon .
    " She was the one who injected you in the first pl...... where are you going sir , you're still in your gown.... come back and get dressed !"
    I bent down quite deliberately .... holding the gown aside .
    The cod liver oil & saucy nurses I could have happily dealt with .

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosevan View Post
    I'm crying that much I can't see the keyboard properly! .

excellent
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerMoparFan View Post
    Magnificent tail Rob... Tale Robert .

The cod liver oil & saucy nurses I could have happily dealt with .

Thanks Spencer , that does sound a shocker too !
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    MRI - Much Ribald Imagery........

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That made my day, laughed and cried all the way through reading your days exploits, thanks mate...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Phil View Post
    MRI - Much Ribald Imagery........

Exactly Phil , it was a most regrettable insertion on my part , although everyone else there seems to find it a occasion for maximum riotous insanity .

i had a flashback this morning , and i can vaguely remember two of the consultants shouting GERONIMO as i rocketed overhead , also , someone held up a "9" on a bit of A4 paper .

Quote Originally Posted by splitty66 View Post
    That made my day, laughed and cried all the way through reading your days exploits, thanks mate...

thanks Splitty, life's no fun without a good laugh .

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    AAAAANNNNDDD. ... I'm back .

A good soak in turps got rid of the oil ,and the scratches and bruises are dulling down so its time to...... get my MED on

i finished the drilling and fitting of the two sides ..

i need to find something a bit less intrusive for the top cabin bolts on the inside ..

maybe a half height nut and flush the threaded part to it .

Then had a total change of tack , and realised i could measure the weight of the corners with a tool i have ... its a valve spring pressure tester you put in a vice ,and clamp the spring on it .

A while ago i was designing a special clutch to cope with the turbo charged mini i have without destroying thrust bearings , and to check the clamping pressure , i took off the original 350 lb gauge ,and whacked on a 800 lb gauge ,so now , i could jack up the car with the gauge in line ,and see what happened ..

did all 4 corners as close to the wheel as possible ..

front .

back

bit of variation side to side ,775 ,810, fronts and 640, 550 on the back , diagonal so i think one of the front springs is longer .

then measured the rear axle total ...

860lbs no movement on suspension unless i jump on there ,so those rear springs 430 plus my 200 odd are i guess at 660 lbs/inch . so if i take out one leaf then i am at 330 ish , fair starting point i think , prob still to much .i guess i am going to end up at , 200 lbs springs to give a couple of inches movement at rest .

with the front i tried to measure but hit the gauge stop , so made a divider lever out of some wood ...

after working out the ratio this gave 1222 lbs .

so i thought hmmm ,lets what that all adds up to .. the 4 corners added up to 2821 lbs , but i knew i was lifting more than just the corners ,so i did a calc where i added the two back weights together giving 1162 lbs , then compared that to the 860 i got for the whole back end , well its 26% higher , so i took 26 % off the front combined and got 1173 lbs , hmm not far from my 1222 lbs total front weight .

Now i know on the back with zero spring movement i am pretty happy with the weight specs , but with the front it had a good 2 inches suspension movement before take off , so it may be a little bit heavier than it measured ,however , my calcs show a front end either 1173 or 1222 lbs , and combined weight with all the stuff not on the car added , sits at 2109 or 2158 lbs .I was hoping to come in at under a ton ,so its promising .

i then calced spring rates , and the front works out to be 750 odd ,and the back 660 ish . i think i prob need 200 back and 400 front , but where i can get 5" od 400 lbs spring for free i don't know , off something down the scrappy i hope .

and there's more !

i started on the seat , i cut an inch off the foam base ,and that looks much better now ...

oh and got all the pipes back on now i have finished that body side ..

more tomorrow , when i get to cutting very carefully the green seat leather and try not to make a hash of it ...

regards
    robert.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....Just love the colouration/convolution of those pipes - and the progress is amazing - well done!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    mudguard stays - as per my earlier post reply I used 10x10 solid mild steel as its easy to shape cold, with the front stay on front mudguard 10 round solid just to be more aesthetic. Cold bending works well, and then with radius links in 6mm round solid etc - but your steel mudguards are heavier thus will wobble more - so thicker/more stays
    pictures shows you what my end result looks like - difficult thing to photograph - but actually they look ok and sort of like they are meant to be - too often mudguards can look like an afterthought (like the first two sets I made and then junked as they lacked aesthetic qualities)

13. Likeslegendlives liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information