Medusa - Page 268
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  468
+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 326 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3256

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHA , graham it seemed pretty clean when i finished ?
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    well yesterday could have gone better !

my friend alan lent us his van ,and another friend wayne drove it for us, he came over ,and we started to load the car.

at this point it started raining ...a ...lot...

a technical problem then occurred.....

we jacked it up and put wooden blocks under the wheel...no good , tried again with more blocks ...no good , in the end , we jacked it up and i wedged a hunk of 6 by 3 in the chassis to axle gap , so it could no compress AT ALL , and the monster mounted its steed at last .

it continued raining ,v found a old half car cover and strapped it over the interior ,and we set off..

ok ok , i will admit its quite a long car .

after a 6 mile drenchfest we arrived at my local stn ,ready to get pumping !

er... no.

we plugged her in ..

and pressed the button ,the machine went to zero , went click , and after 5 mins got 7 pence and .14l of gas .

asked at the till ,and got told , take it out and put it in again ,do did that , no luck ,11p and .17l ,till girl , try the other pump , wayne maneuvered around to the other side ,and we plugged in ,now nothing at all .now a new car goes to the other pump ,and it wont work for him either, so they reset the machine and we both de nozzle ,and stand there like a pair of rubber fetish druids waving out wands about .

finally she give the all clear and plunge our nozzle home jubilantly ,his works ...mine does NOT !

three more resets later , the other pump bloke , who loves the car , is trying to stretch his hose over ot my side ,so we can try it , but it wont reach , so we go back once again to our original pump choice ,and nope nada , zip,. nuffin.. we even try hammering the log one way valve in the car while i press the button .diddly squat ..

all this of course while chatting to interested onlookers !

so, just to sum up ,

we wrapped her up ,

came home ,in the wet ,and the dark , with no luck .

looks like a one way valve in the lpg pipe to tank run is locked shut , so tomorrow i will have that all apart .

i am thankful to v and wayne for both keeping cheerful, and offering to have another go later on .

Regards
    robert.
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's a bugger robert. re the loading up, drive the truck front wheels up onto blocks or ramps to reduce the hump you'll need to drive the car over.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great idea Neil , thank you

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOORLL righty !

Well today was a good un ,and no mistake .

Firstly , i had to solve the blockage, stopping it fueling up, dons le garaaage ,so i made up a connection to the compressor ,and to the tank feed ,but nothing was getting through .

So i used two little screwdrivers in the filler ,and tapped them with a hammer against the one way valve , and a spurt of log came out .hmmm , so there is gas trapped between the tank and the filler ,so the one way valve at the tank must be stuck .

i started to disconnect the copper pipes to the tank , so i could take off the tank assembly ,when what did i see ?? !!... yup , a blimmen manual cuttoff valve on the feed side !!!

OI VEY ME SHEGENAHH .

so i undid that , reconnected the pipes ,and bingo we have flowage !

I do not rememberever having a manual valve on the fill side before , but for all i know it was always there on them, and i just was a numpty ,but WATEVAHH , it's all good now.

Now the sit was ,i was faced with the flatbed not being available till friday , and the mot bloke being off that day ..so i had to try something else ,this involved a 3/4 full orange 19 kg gas bottle..

I had a old n2o braided pipe i had used to feed lpg to the fiat headed mini engine ,so got that out ,then tried to find something that would fit in the thread in the bore of the filler ,closest i had was a 1/2" bsp , which was a bit wobbly , and i had nothing for the n2o pipe , so off to witney i went ,jason hydraulics had a jic fitting for the braided pipe ,and a bspt i was going to horse into the lpg filler .

brought them home and faffed about with the ptfe tape and ended up with this abortion ...

then i hoicked the 72 lb bottle onto the tester like so ...

roped it down ...

and then opened all the doors ,so if it all goes Nagasaki ,at least it will be a challenge finding all the bits , and reached in under the bottle and turned the knob ... i will admit to feeling very slightly nervous .

i was rewarded , with a gurgling rushing sound ,and checking my arms and legs was happy to find all still attached , i opened it a bit more and left it like that for about 10 minutes , while it bubbled away to itself like a happy east indian pimp sitting in the bazaar with his hookah after a good day of collecting from his rent boys .

after it had silenced, i closed the tank ,and cracked the braided a touch , took a fair while for the lpg liquid to boil off and then it was all done .

i weighed the bottle before and after and got this ..

so just over 2 gallons , that should do !

then hooked up the wide band and did a bit of tuning , rear engine is missing a lot so will tackle that tomorrow .

oh forgot to say, on the way to witney i popped into the garage ,and booked the mot for 8:15 thursday morning .....DUH DUH DUHHHH.....oh excitement .

regards
    robert
    Last edited by ivanhoew; 13-08-2018 at 18:51.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    ...booked the mot for 8:15 thursday morning...
    Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind.

Fingers crossed for Thursday, good luck, Paul.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    is that a forklift type bottle robert? if so you'll get more out of it laying it on it's side with the arrow painted on the bottom pointing downwards. there's a curved pickup in the bottle hence the arrow. if it's not a forklift bottle but an 'off the grid' household bottle then upright is correct to get the most out of it as again the pickup tube goes to the bottom.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Grown up? Never!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    is that a forklift type bottle robert? if so you'll get more out of it laying it on it's side with the arrow painted on the bottom pointing downwards. there's a curved pickup in the bottle hence the arrow. if it's not a forklift bottle but an 'off the grid' household bottle then upright is correct to get the most out of it as again the pickup tube goes to the bottom.
    neil.
    Off topic…
    A mate used to run his VW Caddy on forklift bottles ‘borrrowed’ for his work. The bed looked like a WWII sub hunter with them all lined up depth charger style on a road trip we did

Anyway…

Good luck on Thursday Robert.

Chaley
    And on the 6th day Man created god.
    Tetanus

11. Likesivanhoew liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    neil.
    Good info on the fl bottle Niel ,however on the normal if you have a look at my flowbench build ..

PTS Flowbench Forum - Login

you can see there was no pipe on the normal bottle at all , do you think maybe some have it ,and some don't ?
    Last edited by ivanhoew; 14-08-2018 at 09:03.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upside down the way you did it for the fill bottle is the right way to do it.
    Standing that bottle in the hot sun, but leaving the tank to be filled as cool as possible, will get you more transfer. Shut the valve off as soon as it goes quiet.
    I fill disposable bottles this way and pop them in the freezer for a few hours and the fill bottle in the sun and it gets me to the right level.

14. Likesmygasser liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 326 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information