Medusa - Page 271
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  468
+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 326 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3257

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    EDIT : that 53 was actually max speed attained on the way back to the mot stn, BEFORE THEY SHUT ! AND... ,yes the speedo does read low ,should be reading 45 at 1500 approx but was reading 35... but that is using my jury rigged rev counter ..

oooooh just worked it out ,66mph was my max speed trying to get to the mot stn ,hot diggety !!
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

2. Likessteve1275 liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick progress report:

checked oil like what i said i would , and decanted a whole 4 litres into the two engines to get it happy up my dipstick.

that's a lot of oil , and i can only assume these engines have a lot of galleries and shelves where oil collects and does not come back down ,,should fix my oscillating oil pressure ,both gauges now read exactly the same at 85 psi , woof!! that's a lot of pressure,especially since it stays at that even when hot ,,,can you say "stuck pressure relief valves " maybe .

I also knocked the steering wheel off its splines and centred it , interestingly it drives fine , but on the mot ramp we could see ,when jacked up , it has huge toe out , so i really need to beg borrow steal some rose joints and bolts/spacers to let me drill out the steering arms and lower the track rod ends a couple of inches, to get the geometry back to where i designed it after the computer analysis i did on it.

Went over all the lpg joints with it all pressurised to find any leaks , had a couple of small ones bubbling ,and one larger one really bubbling , but all tight now . great thing about being able to park it in an enclosed space , you always know if there a lpg leak the next morning !

Speedo needs a recal , had 45 mph reading 35 ,so will do that later ,means the cowl has to come off.

That's about it for progress, plan for today is to break my don't work on the car at the weekends rule , and try to make some 25mm rings to slide down the trumpets and create more draw on the rings ,and so make it rich enough for cruise ...interestingly , it will accelerate well ,and start up well , but cruise is a spitfest .

Oh, also, today i am mostly eating dripping .

regards
    robert
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

5. Likestoreno, Dusty, legendlives, 55zephyr, steve1275 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, also, today i am mostly eating dripping .

regards
    robert
    on toast? any brawn on the table too?
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    No neil , but some nice jellied eels .

Well,

i had a bit of a thrash yesterday ,4.30 pm i started with this ..

a hunk of nylony type of thing ,and after a bit of drilling and turning and hacksawing off 12 rings , then bellmouthing them ,by 630 pm i got these ..

12 , 25mm id mixer ring restrictors .

finished fettling them at 9pm , then this morning i put them on the flowbench to see what they flow ...

firstly i stuck a retaining screw in there so the monster flowbench from hell did not suck my ring right off !

then taped it on ..

flow was better than i expected...

slid the rings home , they were a nice push fit in the inlets .

so jumped in the car ,and went for my test drive , was definately much richer ,however , got about 3 miles down the rd ,and hit a bump , and instantly got a lot of vibration from the back of the car .

pulled over ,and had a look around , and found the staked transit uj cups on the prop had come free and were pretty much right out and off away to uj heaven !

POX.

V came with a hammer , and i donked them back into place , and cruised home slowly .

So my plan of a 11 to 1230 banzia run to the RRG 75 miles away were finally scuppered , very disappointing .

i will take off the prop ,, and make some washers to fit in the cup detents , and weld them on properly ,also check the prop cannot hit anything on full bounce .

regards
    robert

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's a bit of a sod, you didn't need that! I worry about that prop, I can't remember if you've got anything to retain a flying prop, hope so!
    Whirrr whirrr chuff chuff de chuff........chuff......BRUMMMM!

My Chevy thread: https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/sho...y-coach-403745
    Rugged Robin 2/3rd track: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked/

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    No neil , but some nice jellied eels .

Well,

i had a bit of a thrash yesterday ,2pm i started with this .. but then Mark (BlackPop Racing) came for a visit and held me up for 2 hours...........

finished fettling them at 9pm , then this morning i put them on the flowbench to see what they flow ...

regards
    robert
    There - fixed that for you

11. Likeslegendlives liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok ok lol, to be more accurate , started at 12 , just got setup ,then mark trotted round the corner like a male model doing the autumn catalogue at 12.30 ..whoop !!

Showed him my lump of nylon on the lathe and then trolled up the garden to see his car , which sat there , looking like an anti matter Alien Stealth Sculpture of Incredible Beauty . i admit i slowed up ,and had to have a moment composing myself.I may have actually grabbed the end of the cave for fear i might fall into the paint .

we chatted about his brakes and bits and pieces on the car , and then popped into the batcave to view my project , mark had a seat in it and felt very "british gentleman" DONTCHANOW .

we then sojourned to the abode for a spot of ham hunks tomatoes and bread , a few biccys and off we went to change his rad switch ,jack it up and check brake linkages and stuff ,then all of a sudden it was past 4 and time to set off , ,the gleaming Stealth Pop gargled off and i got back to my latheing .

A GREAT TIME ,and very happy to spent it chattting and stuff rather than boring lathe work for sure .

Regards
    robert.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, we had a jolly splendiferous time. I am now desperately trying to grow a handlebar moustache so I can have a ride in Meduse

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok quick update cos i am poo hoo oooped.

i took off the prop , and tried to peen the staked transit type uj cups back in , but i am unsure of them , so my good mate martin popped up on the horizon with some dissimilar arc welding rods so will dab a blob of that to retain them tomorrow .

also , i wanted to raise the back of the car a little to bring the engines horizontal , it's all settled a bit .

so i set to , unscrewing the humungous long u bolts shackling the springs to the axle,then i marked them out and thin disked them off ,drilled out the axle locating pin bore to suit then put them back on ,and some of those nuts do not spin on and the thread was about three inches long and on two of the nuts you got a 1/16 th turn .phew ,my arms ache tonight !

anyrdup , that done and the back is an inch higher and looks pert ,in a french librarian sort of way , sort of "its there ,and i know its there ,but i'm not trying " kind of thing .

regards

robert.

15. Likessteve1275 liked this post
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an utterly fantastic 271 pages of awesomeness!!

An amazing level of bonkersness and some truly great solutions to some interesting problems (some self-inflicted, but hey, aren't all the best problems to be solved the ones that you brought upon yourself?!)

Can't wait to see your progress finessing and tweaking as it's used - I'm in that phase with my Anglia, and it's still just as much fun as the initial build!

Instant email notification mode engaged!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 326 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information