Likes Likes:  453
+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 324 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3237

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 28Chevy View Post
    When the late Micheal Oliver (Great Dorset Steam Show founder) was asked what kept him going, he said with his big chuckle “I think it’s quite nice to be a bit big headed and know what a good job you’re supposed to have made of it, and I thoroughly enjoy that”

Be like Micheal to avoid a fading mojo..

pppftt Bernard ,i spend my thought process going "hmm, i m sure i could have done that better"...... ,bit like an anti Oliver lol.

If something turns out well i see it as a fluke ,eg , i cannot look at the exhaust without thinking " i have no idea how i did that ".

i tend to compartmentalise each section , and forget the one before .... its only when i drive it , and park it up and walk away from it i look back and think , just for a moment ,"it's a whole car " not a series of design problems all divorced from each other .

my work mojo has definately been given a boost by all the supportive comments on here , i think i have been working on this without a holiday for many months/years now , and just got a bit run down with the c.f.s. , which i try to ignore, then get ill . ..like a total obsessive numpty lol.

just don't want to miss the summer fun ....cos boy oh boy , it is such a fun car to drive , like being an alien on a strange planet , it totally mesmerises people..( in a nice way ..no probing involved)

regards
    robert
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

2. Likes28Chevy, 296moon liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    bit more technosity ..

inside medusa'a new brain ..

i have added the chip and the resistors/capacitors/wires in the proto area ..

this a) adds a second wide band o2 senor to the inputs for the brain to read ,and also B) adds a second ignition output signal , and then both ignition signals are fed through that chip , which protects the brain from any back emf spikes or nasty voltage .

i only know how to do this thanks to people who understand it all advising me .thank you Rod and Graham

i went to the rock god last friday and snarrfled a few bits off a skoda ..

nice power board..

nice connectors for the injector rail..

needless to say the astra decided to drop a injector circuit again , so i drove home on 2 cylinders and found the chip in the brain not looking happy ..

spot the piece that had EXPLODED out of the chip ? this is down to me running a bit of an experimental combination of injectors and ecu that don't match , and using resistor packs to adjust it to work ...anyrdup , fixed that it a quick 30m solder fest , then back onto the proper car ..

yesterday got the injector rails fully assembled (by scrounging out all my old odd jubilee clips )

all hoses are done up , and the scratches on my hands will testify , and once the vacuum pips are run to each regulator and to the ecu , its all down to wiring .

regards
    robert
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

5. Likeslegendlives liked this post
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Building something physical like a chassis or engine (or two!) is one level of technical genius, that I can sort of follow (mostly) and aspire to. Building your own circuits and changing chips though - mind blown!!!

Keep up the good work - really hoping to see this out and about somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    discussing what happens to lpg/air/pressures and the like with fellow car nuts can smoke bombs give some indication of what air is doing at speed even better would be a wind tunnel anyone got one? or fans on a dyno perhaps as a poor mans wind tunnel?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Building something physical like a chassis or engine (or two!) is one level of technical genius, that I can sort of follow (mostly) and aspire to. Building your own circuits and changing chips though - mind blown!!!

Keep up the good work - really hoping to see this out and about somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merci monseur l'orange ... i blimmen hope so too !

Quote Originally Posted by drseg View Post
    discussing what happens to lpg/air/pressures and the like with fellow car nuts can smoke bombs give some indication of what air is doing at speed even better would be a wind tunnel anyone got one? or fans on a dyno perhaps as a poor mans wind tunnel?

If ou look back a few pages doctor , you can see that's what i sort of did , i turned two overhead cooling fans on in a dyno room , and watched the chaos lol.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally amazed as always with your skills and ingenuity Robert.
    To my eternal shame I hadn't visited the thread for a while, moving countries and all did play its part, but mostly the need to have time to ingest and enjoy your posts without the wife looking at me with a raised eyebrow every time my jaw drops to the floor or I burst out laughing for no apparent (to her) reason.

You are an inspiration on all levels, and one of my biggest regrets is that I never got to meet you and see Medusa in person while I was still in GB.

11. Likeslegendlives liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU mr PIguin...that was so far off the "too kind "scale i am lost for words

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    WELL. not much to take pictures off i am afraid , but the wiring of the injection and ignition boxes continues .

This means i spend a lot of time hunting out flex ,and researching what amps it can take .. years ago i skiptrieved a blue industrial cable , about 30 ft of it , looked like it had been broken off a mixer , and i had forgotten it , so i found that in the stores heap of detritus , and worked out it was 20 amp , so that's fine for the injector feeds and the coil feeds .

only problem is its blue , which is just not on , so i found an old wall paper steamer pipe , cut the ends off , and wonder of wonders it had another corrugated pipe inside , so i can slit those both and that means i can cover the blue with the black corrugated , noice .

i have bolted the ignition boxes into place ,and also decided on the location for the megasquirt , so that lets me carry on with the design for the wiring . i decided to hide all the boxes as much as possible , so i can keep the car looking barn find art , rather than new fake ...ish .

more rolling around on the floor running wires today .

regards
    robert

14. LikesPiguin liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    maintaining my customary standard for blurry pictures that look like they have been taking during an earthquake by someone with suspiciously vaseliney hands , i bring ..

"the car retrumpeted"

i am pleased to say that it does not look any different , belying the fact there are 12 injectors and miles of piping and fathoms of electrical cable hidden way .

Nearly there with the ecu plug wiring ..

i did take that one too , but it accidentally focused .... to make amends heres one of theo , i said "hey what do you think of my wiring?" ,and he looked up from his sleep , muttered under his breath some strong gallic swear words , then tried to look charming and went "supper?"

little porker !

regards
    robert

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thinking again about the airflow over the trumpets, could you try 12 stainless tea leaf strainers (sans handles) on or just in the end of the trumpets to diffuse the arflow?
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 324 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information