Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  453
Page 319 of 324 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3237

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    HA , i think its 5 steps sideways ,then a little mince forwards , then a rest lol.
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello my little vol au vents , i trust your filling is tasty and your pastry crispy and golden ?

it is ??

they are ???

oh GOOD . i can relax.

This week i have mostly been eating spinach and feta ,with a maybe a heartening beef broth on the odd occasion .

i started in on the car again on Tuesday , Sunday and Monday being devoted to a very rare thing , PAID work !

After the shock of that i set to trying to get the blessed thing to make some sense .

I could not get it to flash my normal timing light , to set the ignition timing ,on cranking , so i dragged my huge heavy sun tester out of the corner of the batcave to see if its strobe would work ,,,the answer was a little bit , so i did my best to adjust the ecu to give me a flash when i wanted it .

then did a continuity check on the feed to the front injectors , , all seemed good ...what could be wrong ? i put a direct supply to the injectors and they clicked so that was a relief , ,so i then examined the 7.5 AMP fuse in the line for E! yup ,blown ,popped in a svelte 10 AMPER ,, i also checked the injectors would open against gas pressure and they did .

So today , i carried on , i put the ecu on a simulator and checked it was sparking properly ,for the 45 degree split between engines , and the injection pulses looked ok too , so popped it back on the car .

now my battery or starter ,or both,are now a bit sick of all the cranking ,bit like a manual light house keeper , and ,like a teenager going to thier first night club , i was not too hopeful of action, but hey , jumpered another semi sick battery on there , and my starter charger and went for it ...

NUFFIN.

i started adding fuel , more and more , went from a 2.1 ms pulse width to ,in the end .a 8ms pulse .

cranking got slower and slower , mirroring my energy /optimism quotient nicely !

then finally it all came to a head , and i am afraid i have more bad news ...

FOR OTHER ROAD USERS !!!!!!!!!!

IT ONLY BLOODY STARTED !!!!!....!!!

yup , the poxy thing was teasing me all along,and it fired right up , revved nicely round to 3000 rpm with no problems , all pipes hot and cylinders FIRING ...OI VEY ,,, i could not believe what i was seeing .

so there you go ...tomorrow i can actually start to tune it a bit and get mapping , hugeness

regards
    robert
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hurrah, and channelling some classic Kenny Everett's Marcel
    Last edited by thisYup; 27-06-2019 at 21:00.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its Aliiiiiive!

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome news.

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant! - that first pop pop is a brilliant sound after working on a car for so long!

(Now go stick the battery on a charger please!)

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give it the berries!

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    Hello my little vol au vents , i trust your filling is tasty and your pastry crispy and golden ?

it is ??

they are ???

oh GOOD . i can relax.

This week i have mostly been eating spinach and feta ,with a maybe a heartening beef broth on the odd occasion .

i started in on the car again on Tuesday , Sunday and Monday being devoted to a very rare thing , PAID work !

After the shock of that i set to trying to get the blessed thing to make some sense .

I could not get it to flash my normal timing light , to set the ignition timing ,on cranking , so i dragged my huge heavy sun tester out of the corner of the batcave to see if its strobe would work ,,,the answer was a little bit , so i did my best to adjust the ecu to give me a flash when i wanted it .

then did a continuity check on the feed to the front injectors , , all seemed good ...what could be wrong ? i put a direct supply to the injectors and they clicked so that was a relief , ,so i then examined the 7.5 AMP fuse in the line for E! yup ,blown ,popped in a svelte 10 AMPER ,, i also checked the injectors would open against gas pressure and they did .

So today , i carried on , i put the ecu on a simulator and checked it was sparking properly ,for the 45 degree split between engines , and the injection pulses looked ok too , so popped it back on the car .

now my battery or starter ,or both,are now a bit sick of all the cranking ,bit like a manual light house keeper , and ,like a teenager going to thier first night club , i was not too hopeful of action, but hey , jumpered another semi sick battery on there , and my starter charger and went for it ...

NUFFIN.

i started adding fuel , more and more , went from a 2.1 ms pulse width to ,in the end .a 8ms pulse .

cranking got slower and slower , mirroring my energy /optimism quotient nicely !

then finally it all came to a head , and i am afraid i have more bad news ...

FOR OTHER ROAD USERS !!!!!!!!!!

IT ONLY BLOODY STARTED !!!!!....!!!

yup , the poxy thing was teasing me all along,and it fired right up , revved nicely round to 3000 rpm with no problems , all pipes hot and cylinders FIRING ...OI VEY ,,, i could not believe what i was seeing .

so there you go ...tomorrow i can actually start to tune it a bit and get mapping , hugeness

regards
    robert
    Great news Robert. Much excitement here.

Mark.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Great news and I bet nobody is more pleased relieved and happy than you

WOW What a great result
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you chaps ,

So a touch of progress ,put the old girl on the dyno to try to sort the lower down fueling ,spent a fair while using the normal speed density system , so that MAP up the side of the graph , and rpm on the base .

trouble is , i was not getting much vacuum signal , despite pulling vac from 6 cylinders into a small collector .

so i went to the megasquirt ITB mode ,and this seems a fair bit better , i set it up according the video on this on yuotube , as much as i could anyway with not a lot of logging data .and after a bit of remapping it revs like a goodun .

Went for a mile on the rd to see if i thought it would make it to the local car show 6 miles way , and it felt good , so set off in the evening after supper to drive the 6 miles ,fill up the tank ,and pop into the show .

this all went well ...

and of course on the exit it had to accidentally break traction in 1st and 2nd , and ,later on , accidentally punching the throttle broke the tyres free at 60 in 3rd ...its definitely a lot more pokey ,,and very smooth ,not perfect , there are lean bits and rich bits ,but happy i made the change and hopefully less fuel used .

one anomaly i found this morning is ,

here is my timing map ..

and here is the timing i logged ..

so that is very bad on a 11.6:1 compression ratio .

research continues ,,maybe a ITB mode glitch , but more likely me doing something stupid with the setup ...

regards
    robert
    Last edited by ivanhoew; 06-07-2019 at 19:53.

Page 319 of 324 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in