Likes Likes:  469
+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 326 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3260

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see her out and about

And also good that you got a new alternator that can now power things up properly - besides the fact that a constantly drained battery can be a right bugger, i don't think that those pesky electronic injection motherboard thingies like being deprived of current...

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    I have no doubts about your range of skills but drilling something out from 4mm to 3mm is very impressive. Or did I misunderstand it?
    god question Myles , it does sound like a bit of a tardis situation ... in this case , the stubs are 4mm outside diameter , and i drilled thm with a 3mm drill inside diameter , so leaving a 0.5mm wall thickness .,doing it free hand with a cordless drill.
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piguin View Post
    Good to see her out and about

And also good that you got a new alternator that can now power things up properly - besides the fact that a constantly drained battery can be a right bugger, i don't think that those pesky electronic injection motherboard thingies like being deprived of current...
    Thanks MR P , yes your right , ecus like a good supply , although this one appears to work down to 9v cranking , which is good , not like my poxy msd btm , 12v , or nuffin for that .

Well went for an adventure last night , popped up the petrol stn , filled up , and drove off across country to my buddies at black bourton for the rock gods summer jamboree !

i had to drive through a village called aston , and lo and behold it was plastered with a load of steam engines ,who had apparently bunked off the witney steam fair to get a few in before closing time , , they seemed to like the car as i trickled through , and i may have applied a little to much throttle on leaving the village ,clumsy robert !

off to BB, and getting there i was spotted ,and mr chris started doing the whole flight taxi ing thing , waving his arms about and beguiling me into the middle of the event ...., like a concorde on its first flight for 18 years , right into the front of the stage ..oh .. i felt such a show off .

pig roast and salad and pasta and cake later , bit of stonking live music , and it was 10,30 and i thought i would have a go at driving home , in the dark , with my ww2 chinese plastic goggles on .

fired the old girl up , there is still a hole in the power at low rpm to solve , but the good thing was i got a good long data log on the drive down , and off i went .

NOW , i had never driven the car in the dark before , so had no idea if i would be able to see anything , with my theatre encased random headlight units from the scrappy , but in the event , they were ,basically BRILLIANT !

Super bright and far reaching and good dip too , noice ...i had the fans on as well ,and voltage stayed above 13v ,so all well there .

it was a nice 10 miles drive home ...whispering along in the dark , really nice ..... cruising across the channel to have a pop at jerry in a spitfire night fighter type of feel ...topping .

another nice thing is , my lpg fuel level is shown by a row of 5 leds , one red then 4 green . lat night i did 20 miles , which with my previous mpg around 5 to 8 mpg would have been 3 to 4 gallons ., i have a 50 litre tank , so that would have been around a third of a tank gone .

well i only got home , and all 5 led were still lit !!!!

blimey.

regards
    robert
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

5. LikesMYTHING, Dodgy, steve1275, 28Chevy liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great progress on the 'refining'

8. Likes46beddy liked this post
    Official RnS Addict ChopperHarris's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    apart from the original Batmobile, my favourite car ever

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopperHarris View Post
    apart from the original Batmobile, my favourite car ever

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert – Really glad to see that you seem to be solving all your engine running issues one by one.

Even if the technical stuff sounds like witchcraft to me.

I know you have a way with words, but this really paints a picture…

Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    …it was a nice 10 miles drive home ...whispering along in the dark , really nice ..... cruising across the channel to have a pop at jerry in a spitfire night fighter type of feel ...
    Outstanding.

Take care, Paul.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now you've got most of the technical stuff sorted I must stick my head over and pretend to no what I'm looking at

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Robert – Really glad to see that you seem to be solving all your engine running issues one by one.

Even if the technical stuff sounds like witchcraft to me.

I know you have a way with words, but this really paints a picture…

Outstanding.

Take care, Paul.

Thank you Paul , your tail lights are very bright ,and do a good job , it's surprising how quiet the car is cruising , you can only really hear the inlets whistling slightly ,and with all the bonnet in front of you in the dark you can just see the 3 fins above the grill , the dash illumination is just right on dimmest setting too .

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    Now you've got most of the technical stuff sorted I must stick my head over and pretend to no what I'm looking at

definitely graham

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    Thanks MR P , yes your right , ecus like a good supply , although this one appears to work down to 9v cranking , which is good , not like my poxy msd btm , 12v , or nuffin for that .

Well went for an adventure last night , popped up the petrol stn , filled up , and drove off across country to my buddies at black bourton for the rock gods summer jamboree !

i had to drive through a village called aston , and lo and behold it was plastered with a load of steam engines ,who had apparently bunked off the witney steam fair to get a few in before closing time , , they seemed to like the car as i trickled through , and i may have applied a little to much throttle on leaving the village ,clumsy robert !

off to BB, and getting there i was spotted ,and mr chris started doing the whole flight taxi ing thing , waving his arms about and beguiling me into the middle of the event ...., like a concorde on its first flight for 18 years , right into the front of the stage ..oh .. i felt such a show off .

pig roast and salad and pasta and cake later , bit of stonking live music , and it was 10,30 and i thought i would have a go at driving home , in the dark , with my ww2 chinese plastic goggles on .

fired the old girl up , there is still a hole in the power at low rpm to solve , but the good thing was i got a good long data log on the drive down , and off i went .

NOW , i had never driven the car in the dark before , so had no idea if i would be able to see anything , with my theatre encased random headlight units from the scrappy , but in the event , they were ,basically BRILLIANT !

Super bright and far reaching and good dip too , noice ...i had the fans on as well ,and voltage stayed above 13v ,so all well there .

it was a nice 10 miles drive home ...whispering along in the dark , really nice ..... cruising across the channel to have a pop at jerry in a spitfire night fighter type of feel ...topping .

another nice thing is , my lpg fuel level is shown by a row of 5 leds , one red then 4 green . lat night i did 20 miles , which with my previous mpg around 5 to 8 mpg would have been 3 to 4 gallons ., i have a 50 litre tank , so that would have been around a third of a tank gone .

well i only got home , and all 5 led were still lit !!!!

blimey.

regards
    robert
    Sounds like a huge win Robert, well done and keep up the good work.

Regards,

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 326 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information