Likes Likes:  468
+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 326 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 3256

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Mark ,

This week i am mostly eating spinach feta and a bit of garlic salt .

in other news i decided to try to increase the vacuum signal from the front engine , which is supplying the ecu manifold pressure sensor or "MAP" .

now , my map signal seems much lower to me , than it should be , and this is creating a problem where , if i use map to decide my ignition timing, its too retarded , and if i use thorttle position ,its too advanced ...

to try to increase the signal , i drilled out the vacuum stubs from 1.3mm to 3mm ...well i did on the first two ,then the 3mm drill decided to snap off flush with the stub ..pox.

Off with the throttle bodies , luckily to get at the stubs i had removed all the copper pipes , so they came away from the head quite easily ...now i could see in the throttle body the tip of the drill , tap it down and they hoick it out with some moles grips .

i could then drill down from INSIDE the body , and carried on along the row of throttles with a 2.5mm drill which was all i had . job done .

HOWEVER ,, i noticed a couple of things while in there ..

have a look at the vac holes in relation to the throttle blade ..

now , it may be just me , but it seems to me that , when the blade opens and passes those holes , the vac effect will drop off massively ?

to test this theory i made a grid from my datalog to the party .... , rpm on the bottom , throttle position up the side , and vacuum in the boxes ..

this is showing that even at 4000 rpm , i am not getting any decent vacuum above about 10% throttle. is should be much high there . ..and supports the theory. this means i need a different vacuum stub position , also mounted at right angles to the flow .

i could put the lpg feed on the vac stubs , and the vacuum signal pips on the lpg feed stubs , but the vac stubs are too small for the lpg flow needed ....

research continues , i will see what difference my drilling out the stubs makes .

The other thing i noticed was this ...

that little brassy bit inside the inlet rubber tube , is where the lpg comes out... its a bit obstructed by a rubber moulded bit that is out of line ..this was true all along the row , apart from a couple that were clear , so i got out the carbide cutter and shnargled it back a bit so it was clear ...

that should help inter cylinder evenness , so i bunged it all back together , then took all the back engine TB's apart to do the same grinding job ........then put all that back together yesterday .

phew !

regards
    robert
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

2. Likessteve1275 liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robert
    I haven't checked in for a while, but just caught up with the last couple of months worth of Medusu...
    I can barely understand what you are doing, hi tech stuff on a tiny budget, simply amazing, and you conquer these monumental problems one by one
    Will you and Medusu be at the Supernats this year?
    Cant wait to see (and hear!) it!
    I may live in East London, I may have a number plate that reads "Chopt", but I do NOT use 6" wheel spacers!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    since he has been such a part of the story i thought i would share this sad news ..

Three and a half years ago I found a tiny kitten. He wasn't wanted so I took him in. He became the most intelligent loving friend. I live in my own and he was my boy. This morning at 3 am I was woken by him screaming. An hour later he was put to sleep at the emergency vet. Heart clots and clots in blood feed to rear legs. I am bereft. So lucky to have Veronica here from Canada to hold my hand. Awful shock.

RR
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awful, so sorry to hear

8. Likesgrizz liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am deeply sorry for your loss Robert.

Having taken in more than a few stray kittens over the years, and having them grow to be friends and companions, I know first hand how devastating it can be when they are taken unexpectedly - let alone when they are in pain on their final hours.

A good thing Veronica is there, only thing I can say is to try and focus on the fact that you made his life so much better and longer because you took him in and cared for him.

10. Likesgrizz liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for you Robert, they really are like your children mate. Just remember all the fun you had together
    Neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

12. Likesgrizz liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert I'm so sorry to hear that he was a lovely cat and he tried to help us Saturday he knew what picture's to look at

14. Likesgrizz liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have said it all on RR’s Robert

But just to add to the guys here.

You had the privilege of his company and he your undevided attention and total commitment and love.

I am so sorry for your loss, it is never easy, especially the ones who nest in our hearts.

Glad Veronica is there for you too.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM MATE.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is also immortalised in your you tube videos and your pictures so he never really leaves you
    Neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

18. Likesgrizz liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 326 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information