Likes Likes:  468
+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 326 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3256

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert - Hope you made it to the show.

I had family stuff going on yesterday, but I hope to join you for a drive one of these days.

Cheers, Paul.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you did not fix the "issue" of Medussa suddenly opening throttle when going through rooms / tunnels etc, especially when there is a decent sound chamber effect!

Hope you had a brilliant day yesterday!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU Paul , and Mr gallery

we did have an excellent adventure !

so ,robert , what did you choose to do on the hottest 32 degrees day in august BH ever ???

..... i know ......., you drove an open aluminium car with miles of hot exhaust right beside you , 80 miles ? yes ? .... am i right ..you.. total.. numpteeeee ???

er ....

Well , yes ,alright i admit it ,.... i did .

So the day started off nice and cool ...ish .... i did a little mapping in the cave ..

put on my hat de jour and reflective steam punk glasses v brought me ..

backed her up ..

and ready to go ... off to haughton castle near banbury......

we were so excited we forgot to take pics so these are movie stills .lol.

waffled off past horses n stuff on our way north ..

and all went well till we got past enstone , at this point my brain overheated ....

now the route was supposed to be thus ...

however , when we got to the Swerford bit , i got confused by the blimmen great A road , cos i thought it was all white B roads .....so i turned let instead of right ...

then ensued a hilarious trip across every side rd we could find , me in medusa and v in her tvr s2.

for your entertainment i show here the red route we took....

!!!!!!!!!!!!

only when we got off the map at the top ,did i finally stop and say er ,v you know your phone does routes ?, ...and she found the way for my poor bubbling head , in fact it was a lot like those DALEKS when they get zapped and boil over ....yes... that was my brain !!

here we are parked and v finding a new route ...

that driving position i am in is called ..

"SHAME"

ok , so off went and found the place at last ...

nice green grass and lots of cars ... i found a tree to park under cos i was mr SVETTY.

v parked hers under a tree too...

i then got called into the arena ...

the judges had a root around it , and i got interviewed by the tannoy blokey .

and stuff me if i didnt get a spivvy glass thingy ...

i think they did not have a "MENTAL " car class , so they used the bronze award instead .

Now that was over, masses of chatting with people ensued ,but then, for a rest ,we spotted a castle and thought lets have a quick snorkle at it ...

did i mention it was boiling hot ? ...these two had it sorted in the chapel ..

felt like a fridge in there ...very welcome.

Now , one part of the trip was that , if i was still doing my 6 mpg , with a 11 gallon tank i had 66 miles range ...the route was 29 miles ...if we had taken the right roads ..so .umm . .. i was potentially in trouble ... it was 30 miles to witney lpg stn , and i had just done 40 miles getting there due to my vacant nosity .

We looked at the routes and decided on the simplest one that would give me the best chance of steady throttle opening , and not loads of country lanes needing on and off the pedal and using more gas .

But before we left v took this stonker of a pic i really like ...

off we went at 4pm , scarily , v was so hot and tired at this point she pulled out of the castle drive , and set off down the rd ...ON THE CANADIAN SIDE OF THE RD !!! don't who was more shocked her or the cars coming the other way at the next corner ! , luckily she has great reflexes and no head on ensued , i was following going ohh noooo....

continuing ,down to the banbury rd at deddington ,and cruised at 50 mph all the way to the woodstock roundabout then off to eynesham and then rh turn to witney on the

A40 ...... at this point my last green fuel led went out , and lit up the last RED led which basically means its getting a bit thin !

finally got to the stn , and filled up thinking it would take all of 50 litres ...

so , guess how much fuel went in ?..

sadly ...

it toook ...

TWENTY NINE BLIMMEN LITRES !!!!

WHAT !!!...( I THOUGHT) ....

yup , this means that A) my fuel leds go to red while there is still 20 litres in the tank.

but more importantly

B).. i was doing ,through all those bloody little county lanes and bad mpg malarky ...

12. 2 MPG !

woof , so 80 miles on 19 quid of fuel .... and thats with the poxy thing running rich as a pig ,12 to 14:1 ,not a lean cruising afr at all at all.

it looks like the fuel injection may just be a keeper .

so finally off to home , blasted it back , v following , and we sat down in the col at last ......boy oh boy does some heat come off those pipes ..

saying that , another good thing was throughout the whole 80 miles , in 32 c , the fans came on about 5 times and the car never ever got remotely hot .very surprising .
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent snagging a special award, Medusa is very special so well done that man

Surely it's not beyond your ingenuity to rig your rolling road to Vs phone map and practice the rout beforehand whilst doing all that mapping? .... sort of thing.
    Whirrr whirrr chuff chuff de chuff........chuff......BRUMMMM!

My Chevy thread: https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/sho...y-coach-403745
    Rugged Robin 2/3rd track: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked/

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 28Chevy View Post
    Excellent snagging a special award, Medusa is very special so well done that man

Surely it's not beyond your ingenuity to rig your rolling road to Vs phone map and practice the rout beforehand whilst doing all that mapping? .... sort of thing.

thank you Bernard

re mapping , i am tying to data log on the drive , then i can map from that data , and it will take into account the air flowing past the bellmouths ,which i cannot simulate on the dyno .
    Bicester scramble ,Medusa enjoyed the trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7I7-nA19U

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see the awards starting to pile up now.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah! What a great ride out

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    great day out
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    WELL , i had a tiny window of opportunity to get the monster onto the dyno last friday .

i have not been able to set the fuelling very well at higher rpm , basically because its so bloody fast at accelerating ...being under a ton and over 350 lbs ft of trq , and big tall wobbly tyres ,means i keep ploughing into corners way too fast ...or going well over my winnebago 7.50x 16 tyres speed limits , i dont mind going over it on the dyno cos i can always run away.

so strapped her down ,and did a few minutes working on the low down tickover and below fueling , so it has a lot more low down trq for trickling in traffic , made a little progress ,still too rich , but its hard to hold steady state over 300 lbs ft at below 1500 rpm ...more work to do on that area it kept falling in a big rich hole at higher throttle opening .

then onto a couple of full throttle runs , with the ecu set on auto tune , so it would set the fuelling for me ,after a fashion .

now judging by these piccys ...

30 mph light throttle..

higher rpm full chat max trq..

i may have just found the trq limit of my rollers with little narrow tyres and no loading !

i am not sure if it shows very well ,but there was a churn load of blue smoke coming off the tyres , also you can see the grated tyre rubber being thrown across the cave as my gritted rollers hone down the treads a touch .

however i did manage to get some readings..

bhp is now up to 354..

that's a graph of my best venturi run with the 2 spinning injection runs , and my theoretical max with grip ...i reckon at around 380 bhp.

then torque at 419 lbs/ft ..

here i reckon on around 435 lbs/ft max theoretical ..however my 419 is still 58 lbs/ft up on the old fueling system...noice

inj run number 2 had more ignition advance , 1 degree more made a fair bit of difference .

now i am aiming for around 13.5:1 air fuel ratio , here you can see the fuelling logs for both runs on both engines ...

engine 1 , the 3.6 litres ..

run 1

run 2

engine 2, the 4.0 litre..

run 1

run 2

you can see how the autotune has modded the fuelling , sometimes over shooting and going too far the other way ,also i am well over 100% duty cycle with these injectors at this 15 psi fuel pressure ,which is a surprise ...and basically means they are wide open non stop ,hence the leanness in the places at the higher rpms .

also these power runs where done on a low load so the tyres had a chance to grip ,so the ecu only had a few seconds to adjust the fuelling before it was run over ...so i am pretty impressed the ecu was able to take a car that wouldn't rev ,to one that would , in just a few pre run rev ups .

also it revved to 6k with little vibration

i think with better fueling and timing i should reach 400 bhp and 500 lbs/ft ....but maybe nor be able to grip it lol. .... for all i know its there already ...it does explain why a blip of throttle in 3rd at 40 lights up the tyres like a volume control.

ok ok ,geekness over

regards
    robert.

12. LikesOlliesgrandad liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert, how wide are the rollers? Have you considered fitting the front wheels on the back as well to make it a dually for more grip? You'd need another pair of wheels or 2 sturdy wooden blocks to hold the front up but that's a minor thing.
    Neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information