+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 340 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3400

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Hi Robert

Saw you at Bicester but as you were heavy in with your loving followers I could do no more than nod.....

Car looks fantastic, didn't see V she was probably sensibly getting hot drinks, great show, very eclectic but cold.. ah well this is England

Regards
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MYTHING View Post
    Hi Robert

Saw you at Bicester but as you were heavy in with your loving followers I could do no more than nod.....

Car looks fantastic, didn't see V she was probably sensibly getting hot drinks, great show, very eclectic but cold.. ah well this is England

Regards

Hi Paul , oh that's a shame i would have preferred you came and nudged me ! it was a bit of a chatfest.... i had several people at once asking me questions, i felt like an umpire , all very friendly though.i must put a data sheet on the car.

at least you can look at the car , and say to yourself , hey,loads of that was made in my huge mega vice of wonderfullness !

RR
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

4. LikesMYTHING liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ola compadres ..

Well not a lot happened this week , APART FROM I GOT MY V5C !!! with the new number on ....

Now...going insane trying to find the font i want in a plate that doesn't cost 9 million gatrillion pounds ..cannot even find stick on letters ! blimmen charles wright !!

meanwhile i have a scrappy cav mk1 ign module for the front engine so i can have matching coils ,as the twins in the gynacologist requested , also still researching my inj malfunction.

no driving going on since its be noah'sville here , i did spend a happy few hours angle grinding the rust off my guards , , during which i found a crack in th top mounting bar on the hub , so whipped that off and braced it with a 6mm s/s bar of goodness ...that won't crack again !

i wondered why i could smell rubber on the way home .

tinkety tonk.

regards
    robert
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

6. Likessteve1275, Andy650 liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    guten aben ,

My Mission for this week ,which i chose to accept , was to fit my SLC free wide band exhaust gas fuel mixture dubries .

They look like this ..

which just won't do , it's about as gentlemans roadster as a shell suit and a burberry scarf dontchaknow ... might as well get huge fake bum implants while i am at it !! #innap.

so my evil plan is to take the 0 to 5v read out , run it through my friends box of tricks , which will give me a 1 to 2v output ,then ,if the air fuel ratio is 10:1 to 20:1 , then a voltmeter will read the air fuel ration directly ,just with the decimal point in the wrong place ..triffic.

i soldered the SLC's as shown in the instructions ..

thats all those little soldered points in the front , and the 4 and 6 pin end plugs , then i painted the case satin black , since i will have to have them visible to see the o2 senor temperatures , i will pop them in the side of the scuttle .

next was to mount the mounts for the digital readouts , which you have seen a page or two back , these i simply drilled through the scuttle and used s/s button allens... m5 i think todays particular vintage was .

NOW , since i had burnt out my digital temperature sensors with a jump start , i did a bit of research , and found they are not at all happy over 15v .so i wandered through ebay , and found a little stamp sized adjustable voltage regulator , bought it , and hooked it up to try it out ...

first i connected it to 12v bench supply , and popped a 12v led on it .

then adjusted the weeny little pot on the regulator to give 9volts ish ..

marrrvelous , hopefully that may protect the 4 digital readouts about to be unleashed on the car .

so i popped in my new temperature dig RR's and lo and bloody behold , one of them read 95c ! pox.

spent another happy half hour working out the sensor had gone spasmo ,so cut, soldered, and heat shrunk the bejaysus out of it and we were beck to functionnositynesstasticnoodle.

Went ahead and constructed my customary cats cradle of wires behind the demi dash ...

having already mated the voltmeters with their respective hosts .

next was to turn it all on ..

HG WELLS !! pfffft ..take a back seat buddy

ok ok maybbe not , but hey , i like em .

next is to fit the boxes , wire it all up , and then i get constant real time air fuel ratio feedback ,with no big innovate boxes clumping up the seat , neaty neat neat .

regards
    robert

9. Likes28Chevy, steve1275 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That look terrific. I wouldn't believe that digital readouts would look good alongside a traditional brass dash but by eck they do

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy650 View Post
    That look terrific. I wouldn't believe that digital readouts would look good alongside a traditional brass dash but by eck they do
    thanks Andy , i was of the same mind , but thought hey ,you only find out by actually doing it and seeing how it looks .

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all voodoo!!

Robert is an alchemist!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's true !..

Me....with a beard ^^^^^^

14. Likes28Chevy liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like one too many lightening holes drilled in that flywheel bottom left

16. Likes4potHemi liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spooky well done Robert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 340 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information