Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  550
+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 348 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3480

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    worst case robert you can trim a bit off the top of the extensions and then weld them to the bottom spring plate.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    worst case robert you can trim a bit off the top of the extensions and then weld them to the bottom spring plate.
    neil.
    Exactly Neil , i had that in mind when i made them ,however , i want to be able to put some longer protech shocks on there if and when i can afford them , and this way it can all come back off with no welded bits getting in the way ...time will tell how it works , but now i have adjustable shocks and about 90 lbs more springing it's a lot firmer .looking forward to a drive when it dries up out there .
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

4. LikesOlliesgrandad liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hubcaps.

Been pondering something to make the wheels look better , i had always planned to use land speed record smooth discs on the wheels .

To get an idea of how this would look i made a cardboard disc ..

at this point i was interrupted by a knock on the cave portal , and upon opening it i was faced with this ..

i raised one eyebrow 1/8th of an inch and asked , "hello , how may i be of assistance ?"

He replied , Whattzzzuuupppp ,dudey ,is this where atzz the disco inferno of 70's discobilia yo sweeet hunk ah luvin ?"

Mr Fly , as he turned out to be named , went on to assert he was "the Disco Funkster of the year 79,80,83 ..( apparently he was off in 81 and 82 due to a complication involving BEE atches , lettuce , and a politician, requiring a visit to the "slammer")

He had heard on the grapevine that disco groovin' was occurring in my "funk lair " and wanted to be in on the "scene"

i pointed out that he had the wrong address ,and i was actually making disc hub caps for a car . he then shuffled off on his 4 " crystal platform shoes .(nearly coming a nasty cropper on the muddy lawn , managing to resemble a octopus crossed with a beach parasol , in a gale )

back to work i tried marking some spokey bits ..

then had a go experimenting with a rough bit of ally to see what happened if i wheeled a groove around it .

(at this point the phone rang ,it was Mr Fly again , inquiring if i had "found my groove,baby" i told him no , and replaced the handset ,firmly)

disc with grooove not satisfactory ..

it went a bit gonky...as you can see ... i tried cutting a v out of it , but not with a very nice result , the ally was a bit thick though.

i then used paint to sim some paella dish lids ,as was my original idea, onto the car ...

veronica felt this was too much lid and not enough car ,, and i can see her point ,they are a bit dominating .

sourced some lids sold in hungerford , and went down with a wheel to try gettin discy wiv it .(phone just rang , i ignored it )

there were 45cm and 50cm ,have a look ..

45cm

50 cm

they are nice and cheap , but, also a bit thin ,and maybe a hard corner and the tyre folding over would bend them ..jury .is .out.

other choice is , i have a hole saw the same size as the current wheel holes , and i could bore a hole in between the original holes and paint them silver , they would look a lot sportier .

In other news , i am going to fit a choke cable to help cold starts ,and means i don't need to sit there with my ft on the T.

went down and found an old mgb one , cleaned it up ,and made a deco mounting plate for it ..

just need to find a place on the dash where its safe to bore a 13mm hole .

regards
    robert
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

6. LikesAndy650 liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a look to see how you where progressing with all the little tweaks that have to be done after a build is 'finished'. Your ingenuity of mechanicalness, electronicallness and weird ideas that actually work, all with a witty narrative that makes an entertaining read.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the lids - a strap (top hat shape) across 2 wheel nuts with a thread in the middle for the discs to bolt to would look good.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Pics of Medusa in the events section of the latest Custom Car Robert
    Nuttier than squirrel shit

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1275 View Post
    Pics of Medusa in the events section of the latest Custom Car Robert
    oh ,piccy ?

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, it's a "NO!" from me. You'd be better off finding some wire spokes (JAAAAGUAR Style) IMHO

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dazee View Post
    Had a look to see how you where progressing with all the little tweaks that have to be done after a build is 'finished'. Your ingenuity of mechanicalness, electronicallness and weird ideas that actually work, all with a witty narrative that makes an entertaining read.
    Thank you mr Dazeee , much appreciated

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the spokey Bugatti styled ones. To me, the disc ones are too Bedford horse truck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 348 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information