+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 341 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3402

Thread: Medusa

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chaley View Post
    Morning chaps,
    I did this to Tetanus alooooong time ago.

I used 3 1927 T posts, but the test ones were just small steel tubes with a slot ground into them, I then just used screen bonding glue to stick it all together.
    It was plenty strong enough, pushed into some sockets in the bodywork.

Please forgive to hood, we made that the day before the super nat’s as rain was forecast and by god they were right!

Chaley

pppfttt ! if i can my hood to look that good i will be happy

when you say "the test ones" what do you mean ?

what material is the hood made of chaley?

thank you
    regards
    robert
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Grown up? Never!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robert,
    I bloody hated that roof! I thought it looked like it had been left out in the sun too long and had melted
    Because I didn’t want to cut new angles into the aluminium T posts before I was sure I’d like the new look. I had some 1” and a bit thick walled tube laying around, so ground a slot in the side of two of them. Drilled some holes in the scuttle tacked them to the steel rail that holds the steering column in place and pulled them about until I liked what a saw. Then I put some 6mm ply in the slots and found the angle I needed to carefully mill (well hack in with a cutting disc) into the center post. That meant I could shape the bottom of the T posts knowing they were in the right place.
    As for the hard too roof, that was made from;
    Roof Guttering (corners), battening, stud frame, chicken wire, pipe lagging.
    The cover was an old arm blanket pulled tight and pleated then stapled to the framework and finally soaked in fibreglass resin, I then pulled as much of the former out and used some conduit to strengthen it all back up, in hindsight I could have just used the conduit and extra chicken wire to have built it in the first place.

Chaley
    And on the 6th day Man created god.
    Tetanus

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah excellent... thank you Chaley
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still have the screen from the Kitcat I striped if it's any good for you the frame is rusty and the glass is cracked and I think I have the back rails for the hood as well but I Will have to have a look

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    if that's laminated glass That would be great graham ..thank you once AGAIN ! i wonder if there's enough glass there to cut it and make two panels for the screen ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    time to get constructing ..

i wanted to use this solid bar,

but did not have enough , so looked through all my materials..

and realised i DO have a lot of race car wish bone struts .

which have some lovely tigging on them ..

so then spent a few hours trying to even get started pacing around the car , i want to make it so i can take the screen off easily , and also make minimal holes in the body (can you tell i really don't want a screen at all lol)

in the end i went for this approach ...

this way i can mount the bottom of the side struts on the firewall under the bonnet , i made a bracket to do the job utilising one of the old cuttoff rose joints i had left over from something else ..

and this fits like so ...

oh , as you can see i rubbed down and painted the strut to see how it looks .

so tomorrow i will take that bracket off and slot the holes a bit to tuck it in a bit tighter to the body , then go to the other side and do that one .

vaya con dios !

regards
    robert

9. Likes28Chevy, steve1275 liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neat!!
    Looking forward to this evolving in true Robert Style....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Landrover screens are laminated glass and can be cut down easily just leave the laminate sandblasted tag on it
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Phil View Post
    Neat!!
    Looking forward to this evolving in true Robert Style....

Quote Originally Posted by MYTHING View Post
    Landrover screens are laminated glass and can be cut down easily just leave the laminate sandblasted tag on it

thanks , thats good to know ...are they all laminated , or just after a certain date ?

tiny bit more done today ,,

the drivers side was a lttle more complicated , some panty waister fop had stuck an entire surrealists organ ,designed after a cocktain of mushrooms , lsd , and 3 jaffa cakes ... a well known overload diet if ever there was one ,, in the way .

i got an old rose joint , and took off the exhaust support bracket ,drilled it ,and fitted the joint ..

i realised i had no lock nut , and it was a odd fine thread , so i started to cut the hex end off the fitting it came from ..

i was slightly taken aback when the sparks were pure white , this i am sure you all know , means it is solid titanium , darn that nasa salvage source .

could not bring myself to cut that up , so a hunt through the ali babas cave of a million bolts ensued , finally finding one ...this meant i could go ahead and try the unpainted strut for fitment and zorst clearancenosity ness .

looks ok , let's try the arm ..

well that's a tight fit , as the vicar said to the schoolgirl ,AS SHE TRIED TO GET ALL HER BOOKS INTO HER SATCHEL !!! o.m.g you guys !

check out the new rakish screen angle ..

tomorrow i get to take it apart and wire wheel it smooth and paint it , then on to the bottom cross piece and the centre post .

.fun fun FUN !.

regards
    robert

13. Likessteve1275 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So today i decided to try to brace the end spars so they don't act all floppy .

you may remember that bit of 1/2" stainless bar with a curve in it ?

i hacked it about a bit and made a couple of bracing struts , without making any new holes in the car body ..

oh !

firstly i did an experiment , i was curious how accurately one could get the paralelnosity of the bits and pieces just by eye , , so i measured the angle of the two struts and the cowl i was aligning them with ,to see how out of wack it all was ..

here's the 3 angles as set by eye ..

cowl..

left strut ..

right strut..

so that's surprisingly not too awfull ,anyrdup , this is how the new bits look..

and got the other side done too..

tomorrow i can get the stainless wire on the welder and weld those to the main spars .

regards
    robert

15. Likes28Chevy, mylesdw liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information