Likes Likes:  546
+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 348 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 345 346 347 348 LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3471

Thread: Medusa

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good with the 4 piece Robert.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m definitely pro it being completely polycarbonate. My first thought when I saw it with the black band at the bottom of the sections was that it looked like a tally ho moustache!!

‘Tache twizzling required!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks chaps , got the other side roughly done today ,

next is to make and weld on the mounting tabs for the lower bits , and then take it all apart and spend 190000000 hours trying to 1200 ,2000 , polishing mop all the gouges and scratches out of the PC .

THEEEENN ....make the centre post mount .

oh such fun

regards
    robert
    Last edited by ivanhoew; 01-07-2020 at 19:47.
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

5. Likesalan liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any reason why you cannot just make it one piece each side? Have you run out of material?
    Also maybe some rubber channel if not alloy on the bottom edge?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes marcus , scrappy only had a small amount of 8mm PC . i am investigating the bottom edge , i did make a bit of copper ..

out of 10mmm pipe , but i think its a bit too much , i can try different edgings once its all assembled , to get a more accurate idea of what to use .

regards
    robert
    Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks really good - virtually invisible.

For me - I would just make a little ally lip 'L' shaped to rivet to the body and bridge the gap to cover about 10mm of the bottom of the screen. This should be enough to stop water getting underneath.

10. Likesmygasser liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    little more done today ...

I was going to make a strut to support the centre post ,however , i decided i liked it floating and looking unsupported , so i made a little plate to

cantilever off the bonnet hold down bolt ,which clamps down onto a 12mm x 100mm thick ally beam under the bonnet ..., so is nice and rigid ...

i made the plate out of a particularly tough stainless which was a brstd to drill, if it proves to be too thin i can use it as a pattern to make a thicker one .

tomorrow i get on with the welding of the tabs to the posts ...and polishing the poly.

regards
    robert
    Last edited by ivanhoew; 01-07-2020 at 19:47.

12. Likesmygasser, 28Chevy, steve1275 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well this is a fine parcel of sour meringues and no mistake .

got the next 4 tabs made and welded on ,then onto the strut ends...

i found that the thread in the end of the struts is a super fine left hand thread , so tapped the middle strut to m16 x 1mm ( no idea why i had that tap ?)

anyrdup , on to the outer struts , one of then had a fitting in it , cut flush ,,so that had to come out , i used a 10 mm carbide burr in the die grinder ,and ground a slot in it , just down to the threads, then put a groove into the other side till it got a bit wobbly , then unscrewed it ..

,all going well you may say , the clarion call , "he's getting on with it" , may well echo across the defensive towers and dykes of olde englande ..! ...er...

no.

cos now we come to the insectipoid in my germolene.

tying to get the scratches out of my bits .

here's a bit ...

you can see the down side to getting it from the yard where it has been ripped off a bit of machinery with no thought for me AT ALL !

yup, its well and truly scratched up ,looks like my ankles after i was chased by that girl in pernumbuko with the 3 inch nails that i only escaped by climbing up a rare deciduous equatorial fir tree .

i tried all grits , from 80 to 2000 , i tried cloth wheel and paste , you name it i tried a combination of it , the 80 grit marks would not come out , the 120 grit would not take out the scratches , i tired the da and compressor , A LOT, best i could get was this ..

still pretty hazy , so i am a bit stoooofed , no idea what to try now , i suppose options are ..

try and find a place to polish it for me .

see if i can find new for less than polishing costs .

make the top bits out of glass and try to drill holes in it ..

find a better way to polish it myself .

oh woe woe woe is me

regards
    robert

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There’s mobile guys out there that come out to you to polish the plastic headlight lens on modern cars. The headlights on my son’s Audi TT were scratched to hell and really foggy like a night in ye olde Londinium.
    Chappy turns up with his little van of tools and witchcraft, an hour later and they were so clear you couldn’t see the lens at all...cost him 45 folding beer vouchers......it could be worth a try?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i always use some g3 compound on plastic headlight lenses, some need a bit of wet n dry first but always eventually come good. you may just need the patience of job to get it done mate (''have the patience of Job. To have an immense and unyielding degree of patience and conviction, especially in the face of problems or difficulty. A reference to the biblical figure Job, whose absolute faith in God remained unshaken despite the numerous afflictions set upon himself, his family, and his estate by Satan''). i've no doubt you have the conviction and will persevere to the bitter (and shiny) end.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

16. LikesTaxirod liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information