Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  41
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk3 Capri V8

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little bit of progress, prop shortened and fitted, diff cover gasket done, checked pinion seal and it was dry, the leak was coming down the splined and thread of the pinion. Simply fix to whack some rtv on the splines and thread sealer on the pinion nut. Fille dup the diff with Castrol B373, managed to get it everywhere so the garage stinks of gear oil.

Also filled up the T5 with ATF, filled it via the shifter cover which worked a treat. If anybody's interested it take 2 & 3/4 US quarts.

Fitted the speedo cable, gearbox end was fine, had to remove the gauge cluster to fit to the back.

Crank pulley is too close to the ARB so I made some anti-dive spacers from 10mm ally plate to space the ARB from the chassis. This should give me the clearance I need plus some anti-dive. I used a wood router and 1/2" fluted bit to "mill" the stock for the bush. It worked a treat, I started with light cuts but ended up taking 4-5mm cuts once a channel had been milled. If I were doing this again, I'd use a 1/2" end mill and some sort of vacuum attachment as it covered the garage in ally shavings.

Other bits to sort, ordered a 3/4 NPT to AN10 fitting off the water pump and will plumb this ins -10 braided line. Radiator need some hoses to go from 38 to 32mm plus I need to sort a filler cap.

Header flanges need to be ground uniform as they're warped, will get this done locally. Will keep chipping away at the small bits. Next bit bits are 305mm / Brembo disc conversion and getting the power steering set up installed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    WB54 - Rather than just post about sad things, I thought I should add I'm looking forward to seeing this build complete.

My mate had a seriously pimped white 2.8 Capri that had more locks and alarms on it than any other car I've seen.

Good luck, Paul.

4. LikesWB54 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little bit more done this weekend, got the radiator mounted nicely. Some galvanised box from an old roof rack, mounted to slotted tabs sat on rubber bobbins. I made the cardinal sin of use imperical fastners on a metric car but they were all I had. Scored a dual fan switch to run the dual 12" fans. M22 thread into the cossie rad, would like a OEM plug for it, so will need to scour the breakers. With this mounted I can now order rad hoses. Also order a steel rad neck, I'll tig this to a plate to bolt onto the thermostat housing, easier to run this than add take off to the rad for the header tank

Next is to make a nice upper rad support from some sheet steel, will have captive nuts and swaged holes for some airflow. Will post up some pic of that as I go.

Other bits, ordered a nice set of stainless block huggers off ebay in the US, look to be good quality with 3/8" flanges, we shall see

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prob better to source a new OEM fan switch - plenty on ebay, you can spec the temp that way as well. Not expensive.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpopracing View Post
    Prob better to source a new OEM fan switch - plenty on ebay, you can spec the temp that way as well. Not expensive.
    that's what I've done, Intermotor list them by temp and thread etc. It has three spade terminals but I'd like the plug with rubber boot to splice into the loom properly. The list says this switch was fitted to most Citroens, maybe I should have chosen better, French cars have the worst electrics going !

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intermotor also do a plastic 3 spade connector & female spades you can use.
    https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/...-way-pack-of-5

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    finished up the rad core support, cossie rad fits nice and will have twin 12” fans.

11. Likesmygasser liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    once the rad support's out those capri engine bays are huge. much like a mk4 zephyr/zodiac once the spare wheel carrier is out the way. nice looking core support there, very neat.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

13. LikesWB54 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah ample space, it’ll get a bit busier with alternator and power steering. Ill have to work out hoses, thinking silicone joiners and stainless mid sections as they’re funny lengths to use pre formed ally ones

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    when i did my anglia i just dug through the hoses and ally bends we do at work 'til i found what i wanted.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information