Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  46
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magman View Post
    That’s interesting cos my Jaz fuel cell comes with -6 breather and -8 outlets, it’s the one with the aero style cap that’s part of the tank...
    so did mine (also jaz) i used on my anglia now you mention it. i assume as air is thinner/less dense than petrol it can go through a smaller hole fast enough to keep up with the fuel flow going out of the bigger one. all the jaz ones were like it that rally design sell now i think about it.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict legendlives's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magman View Post
    That’s interesting cos my Jaz fuel cell comes with -6 breather and -8 outlets, it’s the one with the aero style cap that’s part of the tank...
    Yes, I've seen a few of those 'sucked in'. Imagine the draw if you have two pumps sucking on those -8 outlets on full chat? Just because a manufacturer supplies it, it doesn't mean it's necessarily right.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mu'Tang came with a pair of M/T valve covers. "Nice!" I hear you say.
    Well, not particularly as they had been welded and cut, and then the previous incumbent resorted to rubber grommets and push in caps. Ugh!
    So ground them flat and started to do some clever stuff. Here the 'breather' side already has a blank welded in to bring it down to size:

With the oil filler I wanted something better, but within my budget (of $0.00). Fortunately my trade (or to be more accurate the works rubbish bin) gives me access to a lot of damaged/second hose ends and fittings, so a damaged -20 AN male weld-on was precured and electric-glued in place:

And then a -20 AN hose end with a cut-down -10 AN fitting welded on gives me a cap and the take-off for the breather!

Mint!

I've also managed to find a set of relatively rare 1960's cylinder heads (C6AE) with Ferrera valves and a lovely port job. Just need the valve seats recut and they will be good to go. Valves are about as big as they can be without overlapping. Mine for $60 the pair! I love NZ....
    I showed them to my friendly engine builder and he said he'd give me twice what I paid just for the valves. Pics when they are all cleaned up.
    Last edited by legendlives; 13-09-2020 at 06:23.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Splash & Dash.

A bit of (more) modern modification to the dash & fascia panels.

Faux woodgrain effect plastic. I'm sure it was a fantastic idea in the 70's emulating far more expensive and luxurious cars, but I want the 'Tang to be less Kojak and more 'Buck Rogers'

So out with the wet & dry, and after absolutely ages masking all of the black dial and vent returns I had this:

Which soon became this:

And when dropped on the newly de-beiged dash looks far more spunky:

There are one or two over-sprays, but these will be easily sorted once the paint is fully hard.

7. LikesTorment, steve1275 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information