Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  45
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by v8ian View Post
    Im liking this build, a bit of out of the box thinking going on here...... Top Stuff.
    box ...box wot box ! dont say iv got to have a box to think in .... ok how much and where do i get one
    most of what im doing is actually making this vehicle(and many others) forfill my needs and how i like them, mass production is good but not great,also i have many years of rebuilding motorbikes and trikes, we tend to use what we have to hand, and share ideas,which is what i am hoping this web page will do, no ideas or questions are to small or silly it may actually be what i need to remind me of something i have forgotten/ over looked. but many thanks for the words of encouragement. (i will reread these words in the dark times!!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    as you can see from the last post ,most of my spelling mistakes have been corrected, i am working on the rest(or should i say my good lady is) but alas shopping calls!!!
    Last edited by bully; 06-07-2013 at 11:08.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    as you can see from the last post ,most of my spelling mistakes have been corrected, i am working on the rest(or should i say my good lady is) but alas shopping calls!!!
    Thanks for the good lady
    As i am a foreigner i found it rather difficult to read...........but i did enyway,i like this build.
    René

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've just read though the post again theres loads i should have put in, but have forgotten from the time i bought the car i spent just over a year collecting parts, lots of shiney things but the wheels are not what they seem they are 5 1/2 15 with 205 70 15 tyres,(may be changing these to lower the car) aston martin db5 rims and they fitted straight on to the mg hubs, the rear hubs are bolt on but had to have 15mm spacers on so i fitted ford extended studs and trimmed them down thats why they stick out so far.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    loving this build bully, this is like the old days (early 80s for me), down the local breakers , see whats about and saying 'that'll fit with some juggling' and getting in the garage and piecing it together. looking forward to more updates,.....steve
    tits or wheels, either one is gonna be expensive

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all your kind words.. don't we all still use the scrap yard (ebay) thats me mates bike out the way so i can get on with the rat rod, i spent an hour or so on it last night. it amazes me some peoples build skills. the rear suspension is so well built vitesse coilovers on to dolomite top arm/balljoint 1500 fwd hubs and herald bottom wishbone with an adapter plate where the trunnion goes its well trick, then i go to take out the diff there rubber mounted but this one had a plate bolting it solid to the chassis so the rubbers about as much use as a f..t in a colinder so p..t my self laughing

today started so well i thought i would cut out the back crossmember and replace it with a stronger one because it will hold the back part to the front ,before i cut it out i made the replacement ,i cut a slot out for the prop off set by 20 mm (i found this trick out on here thanks for that)

then welded in a plate i know you like to see welding (im not always this good )

i went to cut out the old crossmember and clean the tube, thats when i found that the gusset plates were only tacked on on the top, one hit with the hammer.. on the floor . so i looked at the rest of the welds, um so i think i'll make some new chassis rails , bum day!
    Last edited by bully; 11-07-2013 at 22:28.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

My Morris 8

Hi Bully, can't fault another Morris 8 rod, I've had mine about 13 years now, I've got a mould for the front end if your interested, it 8 inches longer, split down the middle for easier moulding, but it does have a slight split in one of the wings about 4 inches long, easy repair though, just a thought, good luck with it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    started to cut the chassis rail`s today got the bottom section cut ready for welding

11. Likeszefa46 liked this post
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    UMMMMMMM WOW is all i can say :O i know smiths of bloxham well, been there plenty of times, good bunch of lads int here aswell ill have to pop over some time and introduce myself keep the good work up and i look forward to seeing it finished mate

Official RnS Addict insanityvans's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    This is an excellent build....loving it!

Got to ask () are you building it in the scrapyard you got it from?..............:
    Creator of fine sawdust from solid wood!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information