Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: my other heaps of scrap..

You only need two major components with a donor logbook ,and new chassis ., to get an age related . Ie ABC 123C donor gets you *** ***C reg but still classed as 2010 ,or whatever car .

That means you could use front and rear axles from a different donor to the engine , supply that book and register on an age related.

The Goods SVA is a list of exemptions from SVA rather than a definite list on its own. CC ran a series of articles from about May /June issue last years showing what is required ,how to register etc.

External projections don't currently come into goods so no need to shave handles . Lights don't come into test either but must be there to be considered a complete vehicle. It doesn't have to be painted or trimmed but it's a wise move to register it as soon as it passes before stripping to trim or paint.

Photo history of build up plus minimum length of bed which should be same as distance from engine bulkhead to rear of seat to qualify for test.

For legal road use after test it needs fog light , side repeaters and seat belts though none of these form part of the test.

Trust me , it's nothing you are not fully capable of and without detracting from a hot rod appearance, even the side repeaters can be hidden in belt lines and painted body colour.
    Last edited by kapri; 09-05-2010 at 17:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Meant to say ...no way of retaining original MGB reg without using original monococque, that part is a MANDATORY 5 points in the 8 points system. If you use modified monococque the reg is out the window but certain chassis mods have been clarified as acceptable :-

http://www.the-ace.org.uk/Chassis-an...ification.html

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

I get you now.. had to read it a couple of times . obviously my chassis would be new and use reconditioned parts off the mgb.. If I have the mgb book as proof les say it was abc 123c I wouldnt retain that number but would get another of similar year say BCD 345C ..... thats fine ... not worried about road tax issues,,,but im assuming whatever it ill be full tax...??

this is a pic of how I would like it to look when finally done, ( after its ratty incarnation) its probably never likely to happen though .

yep I know ones a chevy just squint....a lot...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BIGYIN; 09-05-2010 at 17:49.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct on the number plate plus you can transfer a dateless to it if you wish . Full road tax ...based on engine age ,so pre 2001 £205 per year, pre Aug '74 engine visual smoke only for SVA ( and BIVA ) test.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information