Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad news on the V6 PVR front - apparantly the DeLorean peeps are snatching them up AND willing to pay silly money, which means the supply pool is diminishing rapidly with the prices rising accordingly.

On the other hand I've just scored another [ good ] 3.5 Rover lump - seems my mind is being made up for me !

SO - you Rover freaks ............ does anyone have a definitive answer on whether the ZF22 box will bolt up behind the Rover ?

I know the Police / Ambulance Slerpa V8s had a ZF auto box - do I need that particular bellhousing ? I've been offered a BW65 - but the ZF box will not require propshaft mods.

Also - aftermarket shifters for ZF or BW 65 ??

I'm now looking for any Rover tuning / upgrade goodies. High on my list is a steel timimg chain set - preferably true roller type.

Also Hi-Po coil, decent dizzie, remote oil cooler / filter take off, hugger headers - well you all know the kind of stuff needed.

I also need the tray part of the FI inlet that holds the trumpets and bolts to the main intake runners. Don't need the trumpets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need 4 x wheel spacers - 40 mm thick. 5 on 108mm ..... any ideas ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
    Bad news on the V6 PVR front - apparantly the DeLorean peeps are snatching them up AND willing to pay silly money, which means the supply pool is diminishing rapidly with the prices rising accordingly.

On the other hand I've just scored another [ good ] 3.5 Rover lump - seems my mind is being made up for me !

SO - you Rover freaks ............ does anyone have a definitive answer on whether the ZF22 box will bolt up behind the Rover ?

I know the Police / Ambulance Slerpa V8s had a ZF auto box - do I need that particular bellhousing ? I've been offered a BW65 - but the ZF box will not require propshaft mods.

Also - aftermarket shifters for ZF or BW 65 ??

I'm now looking for any Rover tuning / upgrade goodies. High on my list is a steel timimg chain set - preferably true roller type.

Also Hi-Po coil, decent dizzie, remote oil cooler / filter take off, hugger headers - well you all know the kind of stuff needed.

I also need the tray part of the FI inlet that holds the trumpets and bolts to the main intake runners. Don't need the trumpets.

I fitted a ZF 4 speed auto to the Rover V8 I had in my 32. The gearbox was from a BMW 5 series, and I used the Range Rover bellhousing to fit it to the rover engine. The BMW had a slant engine though, so the box was slightly on the cack behind a rover engine, although that doesnt really create any problems. If you have enough ground clearance you can fit the deep pan off the range rover.
    Let us know what you decide, and show us your progress.
    I may live in East London, I may have a number plate that reads "Chopt", but I do NOT use 6" wheel spacers!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for the headsup TR ........ the box came from a Volvo760 - but could be V6 or Turbo 4 banger. Either way - the box mounts in a normal upright way.

Did you need any other mods on the bellhousing T/C front ??

Decisions eh ??? Just to muddy the pool, a pal has a low mileage good running Lexus LS400 power train complete with looms, ecu's, etc. It's probably cheaper than rebuilding either the Rover or V6 !!!

However, there's no rush as the car is up and running with a long MOT - so I'll finish the cosmetics / suspension / wheels mods first.

Problem with the Lexus is it's not from my era - electronics, FI etc.,etc. Give me a carb, dizzie and a big hammer and I know where I'm at !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information