Well it started out as a very rotten body. But Id got no cash n it was free.
So I had to take it.
Id had an idea a while back. A plan in my head. All I really needed was a rough body.
As Id plans on cutting it into pieces any way. This thing was ideal.
So....... I trundle off to Cumbria. A 4 hour drive. Trailer in tow.
On arrival, it was clear that the trailer was too small. So I could have driven 4 hours home without it. Or I could take the grinder to it n cut it in half......... Here is where the project starts. The first cut. It was getting a roof chop anyway..
So I got it home. And started to mark up cut lines.........
And out comes the hack saw n grinder.
I chopped 4" out of the roof. But only 2" out of the rear screen. Moved the roof forward and mounted it more upright, to create a cab back.
I needed a nice section to finish the top, roof corner. The boot hump corners were ideal for the job.
The front end was the worst, most rotten part of the body. All the A posts are rotted away. No hinge mounts. Just scrap.
I chopped 4" out of the screen pillars, and removed all the bulk head. Only the screen surround will be used from the original body. Ill make the rest.
After chopping the screen, I cut the screen surround in half. The whole body is being widened 12"
The last bits for today were to make the cab rear corners. and cap off the bottom of the B posts.
Next will be to add the 12" to widen the back end.
Im not picking up my doors until next week, so thats slowing me down a bit.
But I only have about 14 hours in it so far.