Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Opel ascona first custom project

I've had this Opel sitting around in the garage for about 8 months now and i've decided (as long as money and the missus allows) to get rid of the 1600 engine and go for a v6 either 3.0 or 2.8 injection whatever i can find cheap enough.I am building this on a very very tight budget so over the next few months i shall be scouring ebay and this site more regularly than my bowel movements for anything i will need.

As this is gonna be my first car modification i have no idea what i need to do so i am hoping for some friendly advice no matter how stupid or obvious it might seem to you guys who have been building some great cars for years its all new to me so please bear with me.

First of all for some motivation im looking (once ive got the mechanical side of things sorted out)to weld up the back doors and give the car a gasser/hi rise look.So if anyone who can use photoshop could transform a picture of a ascona into the look im after that would be great.

Next question like i said the car currently is all 1600 running gear and i want v6. what i need to know is could i use a donor 2.8 capri and use the engine ,box and back axle .Or are there any other combinations i could use.

well thats it for now i hope some advice comes my way soon so i can start getting parts.

Terry
    Last edited by coniston; 14-08-2012 at 21:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    In 81 I did a 400 replica, from a i2000, (probably the first in the UK and the panels cost me a fortune)beauty about them is virtually everything Vauxhall or GM fits , I ran a 2.6 Blydenstein SOHC the slant one and HS Chevette G/B bolted straight in moved the rad forward and the brackets were there.
    re the V6,I bet the Omega V6 will bolt in, From memory the VX commodore had a bolt in stronger back axle and did a way with the axle tube that joins the prop,also that give you 5 bolt hubs front and back(That being said it's a long while since I've seen one) and all the swap books and references I had were borrowed
    Check out the South African GM web sites to see what they did with Bog Stock Asconas, V8 Firenzas V8 Manta ,V8 Senators Kadette 400

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information