hey mate thats coming on real good, work manships looks good too.
that wiring is a mess rip it all out lol.
not trying to be critercal, bit the roof bar as it is will gain no real srength as a complete cage a single diaginal or double (cross), is best and the norm, same with floor bars, will just tie all the structure in together properly.
cage bendding, notching and and workmanship looks really good though mate, nice one.
with the quality of it all you may as well build a full tube chassis :), and get it tagable you know youll get bitten by the bug of racin ;)
So progress has been rather slow, got all the rear diff apart and got it all shock blasted and powder coated in black but while putting the new needle bearings in i damaged a few bits so i'm now getting them painted. Also while cleaning the hub carriers i found a large irreparable crack so now i'm looking for a new hub.
HOWEVER the seats are in, the sliders that i purchased with the seats were all wrong, but i was able to modify them so they'd fit between the the bars. And yes they are high but i have long legs and the old seating position where the seats were really low was extremely uncomfortable and there isn't goin to be much room to the pedal box because the engine sits further back and space is tight between the bell housing and driver door.
I'm currently cutting out aluminum sheets shaped to the bars under the seats and am going to have them something etched into them.
I've also made the rear floor panel with all the holes cut out for the fuel tank but its pretty low tech as the only tools i have are a air compressor angle grinder and belt grinder so it all looks pretty rough at the moment.
Next steps are to cut an aluminum panel to the shape of the inside of the boot and cut the steel around the rear arches BUT only once the rear diff is rebuilt and the suspension mounts are in place.
Loong time since update, but loong time since anything major really happened. Diff is now fully rebuilt, did it wrong the first time, put the lower arms on the wrong side :wanker: Now the diff mount and shock mounts are being completed(by my brother) and the hole in the bonnet for the scoop is being made(me, only have to cut a square).