Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Coolpro street 55 pontiac

amost there with my old pontiac 9inch lincoln rearend mild 454/T400 got it all wired up need a radiator and some exhaust to make it go brmm brmm thought i,d be driving it by now but got sidetracked by my other project 57 dodge 2dr wgn/delivery 440/auto , ian rubery you,ll appreciate this one i see you still have the old 59 plym wgn i keep saying no more projects but always seem to find something i think would be cool to drag home RAY in SF

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict Flamed Cortina's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Although I'm a FORD fan through and through, I would be very happy to own either of your rides. Its just a pity that they are so rare on this side of the pond.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice.
    Is the Dodge a factory bodystyle or a homebrew conversion? I've never seen another like it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnosname View Post
    ..... Ian Rubery you'll appreciate this one i see you still have the old 59 plym wgn i keep saying no more projects but always seem to find something i think would be cool to drag home RAY in SF
    They're both tough looking cars Ray.
    I've still got the Plymouth and will have until the day I die. I have too much fun in it and it holds a lot of good memories to let it go.
    Sounds familiar re: projects. Along with the Plymouth undergoing some work, restoring the Allard Skilton dragster and building a nostalgia funnycar, I still get tempted by other stuff.
    You can't have too many toys, you're only here once.

Quote Originally Posted by jez r View Post
    Nice.
    Is the Dodge a factory bodystyle or a homebrew conversion? I've never seen another like it.
    It's a 2-dr Suburban station wagon with the rear windows panelled over.
    I think Chrysler missed a trick there, definately competition for Chevy's Sedan Delivery and Ford's Courier Delivery.

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi ian did,nt realize you were involved in the allard rebuild do you still see anything of martin whatever happened to his desoto coupe have you got very far with the r/chero you,re right the 57 dodge started out as a 2dr wgn which in itself was pretty rare but it looks great as a delivery they should have made it i,m looking forward to getting it on the street its going to make a lot of people wonder if it factory a mate of mine has an old vega funny car body he wants sell was thinking of buying and slicing down the middle for my garage wall but hate to do it whatever happened to raymond beadles old blue max car that was over there old funny cars are very big here nowadays 33 cars at the last famoso nostalgia drags i,m going to try to make it to shaky for the nostalgia drags had a great time there in 2008 i,ll look for the plym RAY in sf

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that car, the mustang went onto be the Stones car. Burned to the ground. (Timetravel will be along shortly to put me right.)

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnosname View Post
    hi ian did,nt realize you were involved in the allard rebuild do you still see anything of martin whatever happened to his desoto coupe have you got very far with the r/chero..... i,m going to try to make it to shaky for the nostalgia drags had a great time there in 2008 i,ll look for the plym RAY in sf
    I'm not involved with the resto of the first Allard car, I own the Alan Allard Hemi dragster that later passed to Clive Skilton.

I also owned Martin's '57 DeSoto for a while, you wouldn't believe the condition it was in. I'll take some photos to the Drags for you. He's still around but not really into cars any more, we go for a night out every so often.

The Ranchero ended up in Manchester with a friend and was being restored as a push truck for a dragster.
    With the amount of nostalgia dragsters being built in my garage we'll be needing some more tow cars off you soon.

Get to the Drags Ray, it'll be good to see you again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information