Ok where to start, well I have been asking some daft questions throughout the forum so I thought it would be a good idea to let you see what all the questions were about.
I bought a Pop shell and chassis off here as I kept looking at my old one and wished I had never sold it. When I collected it, it was a bit on the rusty side to say the least. So first thing to do is tackle the rot and grot. I have had the car around a month but due to work I haven't had a chance to get on with it, but I had some time this week so I started cutting, grinding and making up new panels.
As was when I got her home.
Plenty of rot and grot to sort out.
So I got the car (in the loosest terms) in the garage, and thought I may as well start at the back and work forward. So I cut off the rear valance and tacked in some fresh steel, I haven't trimmed it off yet as I'm not sure how low I am going to take it, and I have to make up a rolled valance to fit as well.
I went on a small road trip and picked up the bonnet and a grill shell (which needs repairs) and then I mocked them up on the body to see if they fit.
Nice Bonnet Mascot!
With the condition of the B pillars I cut out the grot made up a new panel, this was more difficult than I anticipated as the bends and curves in the body are so close to each other I had to make it out of three pieces.
The A pillars weren't much better, so the grot was cut out and fresh steel tacked in place, but this is where I am up to today, had to stop due to a touch of arc eye bloody welding mask.
I should be pretty good at this metal working lark and welding by the time I am finished