Forgot your username?

Likes Likes: †44
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43

Thread: project prefect

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Dan Boy, the car looks better in pics than in the flesh ,quite a bit of touching up mainly underneath and it needs a cut and polish ,today I’ve sorted all the wiring to the column and everything still works which is a bonus,still got to sort out the side/ head lights and relays for the fans, I’ve even got a timed off interior light(how modern is that), next week filling and painting the front end, cheers ,see ya.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always think that as a builder I will see only the faults in what I have built. I'm sure it looks great in the flesh, you are only critical because you know it so well!
    If you like choppers you could check out my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/KustomChoppersUk

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    True DanBoy ,so true,ever critical but so proud of what I’ve achieved.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ps I’m aiming to get to popstalgia next year ,been twice as a spectator and stayed in the village on the market square.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update time, I installed the dashboard 9488F843-9136-4586-83E9-64DB2C674A83.jpg did this so I could start on wiring the gauges, just waiting for the warning lights for high beam/ignition/indicators,all to fit original holes, and mini headlight switch arrived today so I can crack on with getting them working,01317616-35E9-4DC6-8945-03DF55BC291F.jpgand a pic of the new rear silencers with the DB killers welded and fitted in the tailpipe,sounds a lot better now itís quieter, all the gauges are Smiths classics and Iím looking at an electronic speedo with Hall effect pickup (Santa may be bringing them).

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    This weekend has been productive, after filling and rubbing down the 5 front panels for 3 day last week and a final fill and rub down on Saturday, I painted them in high build primer yesterday,2EAF94DC-8065-49B3-BAB6-0F2E73B51020.jpg all the panels needed some form of repair, the grille had crash damage to the near side and rot on the bottom , but Iíve resurrected it and if I say so myself I did a good job,C32990C7-34D3-46C9-8BC8-FDCB2DB664D8.jpg I also welded up the badge holes, the bonnet side panels have taken a lot of work, Iíve removed the catches and made it bolt on plus gapped it to the other panels which took time, the car was driven out and back in which was nerve racking,working at sons this week decorating abed room into a play room for the granddaughter, so hopefully final rub down and top coat at the weekend if our lass agrees as I was in the garage for 6 hours yesterday and she wasnít happy.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Panels look great, good prep work.
    If you like choppers you could check out my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/KustomChoppersUk

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Dan Boy ,the side panels took the most work, can’t wait to see how they look in colour, then just 4 doors /2 running boards /repaint rear wings ( not happy with the filling preparation) / bonnet( that’s going to take some work )/ front wings, oh the joys of car building.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todayís sojourn into the cave of men,what a sight to behold,only gone and bloody painted the panels in blue,21202B0E-F580-4FFB-AFCC-654928FAA1F9.jpg1small run on the grille but well chuffed , will have to leave to harden this week as Iíve got the grandsons tomorrow then back at sons to finish the bedroom off, then the front will be fitted, cheers for now.

12. Likes Taxirod, steve1275 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information