Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  48
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46

Thread: project prefect

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed on lubing the threads of head bolts for correct torque setting. dry bolts will give a higher reading. best to remove them one at a time, lube the threads then retorque. that'll do it.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks for the advice,just ordered some ARP bolt lube.

4. Likes budetta liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    And today’s tinkering in the cave of men resulted in a working handbrake, I cut down a Sierra cable and fitted a reusable end fitting from MK sports cars, a bit pricey at £20 delivered, but it seems to do the job, I also replaced one of the fuel pumps rubber mounts,another job off the list, I also finished off the 2 front sunroof drain tubes, I’ve also noticed another bloody leak from the gearbox ,this time from the shift lever/ kick down lever, it’s looking more like they didn’t change any of the seals when they checked over the box, I don’t really want to take the engine out again so may see if I can change the seals in place ,how hard can it be? For fxxks sake can’t anybody do a job right I’m off for some beer, cheers and keep warm.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today’s tinkering, now got all the lights working using the Sierra column stalks , I’ve got a problem with the fog lights though,they turn on after the lights are on then go out when the lights are switched off but come back on when the lights are switched back on, and I need to get a constant live to the hazards as they only turn on with the ignition, when they are sorted the loom is finished, just need to tidy the wiring and wrap it , it also looks like I will have to take the engine out to sort the gear box leak ,bumhats, didn’t want to but I can’t get the gearbox sump off as somebody left a great sodding-cross member in the way (what was I thinking of), looks like that’s next weeks job,no pics as it’s only wiring,cheers for now.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't you cut the crossmember out and add flanges so it bolts in place. i know a fixed gearbox crossmember in rods has been common practice for donkey's years but i really don't get it.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mygasser, it’s not the cross member the holds the gearbox, it the original cross member-that the original front axle pivoted on, you can see it on picture #57, but I could cut it out if needed ,cheers.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by splitty66 View Post
    Today’s tinkering, now got all the lights working using the Sierra column stalks , I’ve got a problem with the fog lights though,they turn on after the lights are on then go out when the lights are switched off but come back on when the lights are switched back on, and I need to get a constant live to the hazards as they only turn on with the ignition, when they are sorted the loom is finished, just need to tidy the wiring and wrap it , it also looks like I will have to take the engine out to sort the gear box leak ,bumhats, didn’t want to but I can’t get the gearbox sump off as somebody left a great sodding-cross member in the way (what was I thinking of), looks like that’s next weeks job,no pics as it’s only wiring,cheers for now.
    Depending on wiring loom, usually fog light switch is momentary with a latching relay that drops out when the lights are switched off and will only switch the fog on with the lights on and the momentary switch pushed.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today’s tinkering,I’ve now labelled the relays and installed the speaker cables and also done the radio wiring,E12958A6-6830-476C-AAA7-B398B3C17B36.jpg these are all the components to go in,4F23E023-7F35-4656-94A9-B69F5841D49A.jpg I’ve also got a 12 inch sub that I may put in the boot in a fibreglass enclosure, DD9B1557-0313-4865-B0AD-F9C05CCAB726.jpgFDD14BCB-BB88-4985-97D1-822F86540E1B.jpg and we now have tunes, there’s 2 front speakers in the front footwell kick panels and when I make them 2 rear speakers going in the rear seat arm rests , getting closer ,happy days.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve also got a reversing camera to install, which will go under the boot valence and wired up to the head unit cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information