I have started my 1983 sd1 wide arch
I have started my 1983 sd1 wide arch
I have cleaned the entire floor and got rid of all the rust and have spayed the floor to seal it. We then put all the rubber foam back mates in, all nuts and bolts to fix safety belts and so on.
I hired a steam cleaner from hss hire to do all the carpets and the seats, they came up pretty good I am pleased with them. The carpets have gone back in quite easy.
All of the seat brackets where rusty and the ecu bracket and cover was also rusty, we had to rub them down and give them some treatment and a respray.
All of the bottom of the seats and brackets where rusty, these also had to be treated and respayed they came out quite nice
I had to change the tailgate as the wide arch one had lots of holes in it, it was a bit tricky wiring the new tailgate in but we got there in the end.
The air con has been removed now all pumps and so on.
I have finally changed the alternater bracket from the steel one to the ally one.
I gave the alley bracket a bit of a clean
This is what it did look like
I took the alternater of and gave it a bit of a clean as well
You will not belive the wait of this bracket I would love to know what it is of
Look at the size diffrence in these two brackets
The alternater was a bit rusty
This is how it looks now
I now have put the battery in the boot all working ok.
I have put a gold connector under the bonnet in case I need to jump start it at any time.
My Dash is nearly there
This is the way the dash did look
I have just got to make some trim around the stereo
Love it!! I've got a real soft spot for the SD1. Was the car that got me into V8's.
Still got mine, salted away in a lock up. Vanden Plas efi in Moonraker Blue.
Gonna keep yours blue, or have you something else in mind?
'Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!'
some pictures of the underneath of the car before the work starts
As you can see bellow I have the body kit over the rear bumper all moulded on the bumper (took ages to get this right)also I have moulded this to the car.
I have also completed the body work so there are no cracks dents on the join on the back doors.
I have removed the plastic trim that said rover on it (c post) I have fibre glased this along with the door seals to help give the illusion of a two door.
I have still got to remove the door handale, as there will be no door handels on the car at all.
Getting there slowly
I started to put the bmw m style wing mirrors on, these had to be cut about and moulded on the car
a bit of rubing down
I have fiber glassed and filled the gap between the rear door and the b post, to try and give it the two door look
I need a good clean up my work shop is geting messey
trying to get a good finish...
I have done so work on the engine bay, all ready for some paint
I have moded the engine bay by changing the shape where the batt tray is (was) as I have taken out the brakets and given it a finish....
the engine has been covered so the engine bay can some paintwith out geting paint everywhere
I have filled over the fibre glass and gave it a smooth finish.
I have filled and smoothed over the fibre glass could be a bit tricky as I have filled over rubber pipe that protects the cables going to the central locking and the electric windows wires, it is also an entrance to the plate where the door lock bolts onto the b post. I have to make sure after painting I take time when putting this lock bracket back on not to let the plate fall to the bottom of the b post.
I have had to do something with the big nut and bolt that was showing on the inside so I decided to cut them down (out came my new bosch grinder)i cut them right down. I then grinded down the area back to bare metal and fibre glassed and filled this so I have a nice smoothed finish, it looks good I am pleased with this.
The monster was pulled out the garage on its skates for the first time in years.
just a bit of an update of how she is geting on,
I am going to get the front bumper sorted this weekend and the she is nearly there, ready for some paint.
I have cleaned and plastic primered the head lights, they have have had several coats of black paint.
The deep chin and front bumper are on the car at last both have had to be modifed to fit (because of the wide arch) I have had to make brackets for the deep chin to fit with extra strenth.
I have fitted and molded a wire mesh on the s1 panel that is fitted under the lights.
The pannel is for a S1 and the lights are for a S2 so I have had to cut the panel about to get this to fit.
This does cause some problems as the adjustment for the s2 lights are at the bottom, but you cant get to them as they are coverd by this s1 panel. so I am having to put the lights in now and do some lining up, these will have to be in when it has it spray job.
I have completey cleaned and primered the area under the lights and because this will not get sprayed, they have been hammerite painted so should be fine.
This is the first time I have put my new S1 bonnet on the car,it is just sitting on it but it is strating to look like a car again.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)