Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got fed up rubbing down filler so have been fitting servo and making up pedal linkage, will take some pics when finished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well first day back on it this morning and more or less finished the linkage , will weld the arms on the shaft as I don't trust the circlips!! Will be fitting grease nipples to bearings. BTW the didn't fit servos to very early RHD yup its another one year only thing. First pic is pedal end and it took some working out so linkage missed pedal at full travel, had to extend pedal slightly. Next is servo end and last is looking from servo back to pedal end . Its all made from my parts bin except new servo and push rod , cross shaft is 2 beetle shafts joined , bearings are beetle pedals . Cant keep a hot rodder down!!!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fitted the new ATE master cylinder (rather than the one from Empi kit) and can now push pedal down . Next job is making up new brake lines , was going to start but way to cold and damp in my unit . Space heater just made it rain inside as it melted the frost on inside of roof!!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So on self isolation this week due to chest infection that been plaguing me from Feb , not sitting at home when I can self isolate in my unit . Got a lot sorted, painted brake parts and fitted. Had to brush paint as fumes affecting breathing still. Stripped down rear brakes and found one backplate fubbared , problem is its a one year only part Aug 67 to Mar ? 68 as rain lip on drum changed. Have ordered replacement 68 to 71 to see if I can mod , its a pattern part . Yes the fun of owning a very early bay, brake drums, bake plates and handbrake cables all unavailable . Rain lip same as Split bus but hub is different so that doesn't help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats plan for engine..original? or something a bit quicker?

Keep updates coming.
    Last edited by 29stude; 26-03-2020 at 13:47.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanted to but unless I sell race car no funds, its running original 1600 single port with twin port heads that have been ported and twin ITC (single choke ) carbs so has a bit more go , used to tow the drag beetle on 4 wheel trailer no bother. Its just motor way speeds that are a bind , well the bits I ordered yester day morning came before 10am so have fitted both rear brake asy . Just need to make 2 new rear pipes due to unions being seized, no prob as have the tool (not a Mickey Mouse one either) to flair pipe . Next is to fit upper reservoir , need to bend hard plastic pipe to shape as this was the only one I could get.

9. Likes29stude liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    got stuck/ needed a rest so made this lamp from stuff lying around , range rover flex plate, some tube , old bike sprocket and VW crank gear, shade is old cutlery drain pot . Took ages to get the flex up tube !! needs a brass bulb holder .

11. Likesnobody liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found an old unopened can of stone chip, stirred it for ages and its still to thick to spray so might try some thinners . Had to mod lower steering column mounting (don't tell anyone but 90deg steering box was a bit out of alignment with hole in floor, woops) so added a strip of steel about 8 mm to lower edge. Drilled out one of the fixing bolts that sheared off , first drill I used was a tad small and tap wont start so took 5mm drill out of box . Teach me to not check its 6mm ,must have put it back in wrong hole so a rivnut will have to do-----------Need to drill heads of 10mm bolts in bumper mounts at rear , all 4 captive nuts broke free in blind box section and no room to get grinder in. Not sure how I will repair yet,2 ways to do it , open up end of box (there is a small cap at bottom already) weld some nuts to a plate and slide it in fixing it with plug welds or make same plate open up holes so nuts go in from outside and weld plate on. Both a pain in arse to do.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thinners works fine to 'revitalise' old stonechip, done it a few times myself.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished the stone chip , put wheels back on and dropped it off stand . Get to clean the 1/2 in of filler dust from roof now!! What a PIA to take handbrake mech out of dash , was a bit worn and jumped on teeth as bushing missing . Have another one , the frame was bent and so was the threaded eye that screws in rod. Must have come from one that had a major front smash, bush and ratchet bar was all I needed anyway but need to order a new handle before I can fit it .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information