Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cant get new handle so had a go at gluing split rubber with contact adhesive , well its got 2 chances. Most of filler sorted, o/s rear corner , awkward recess around drivers door handle and some pin holes left. Need to take windscreen out as a bit of rot in n/s bottom corner, sorted it once but then it was 15 years ago, not sure how I can get screen out on my own without breaking it .

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    On 3 week (maybe more) furlough so spent yesterday sorting my unit out, sorting shelfing unit out today . Its 8x4 shelf so decided to narrow it and as it only has 2 shelves will make it 4 shelf . Will be 5 as floor counts as one !!! Will be sorting the boxes of crap as well , stand a chance of being able to find what I am looking for as well !!!!!! Don't like chucking stuff out , you know what happens , the day after it hits the skip you find its what you need for a job--------

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished sorting out unit, rejigged tool rack and mounted bench grinder on stand using bits from my scrap/stock pile.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took windscreen out, cracked it but not to upset as found spatter right in front of drivers view. Always a ******* to remove /fit on a bay bus anyway. Repaired the rotten frame corner , found a offcut in my box of "useful" bits from old repair panels that after a bit of persuasion fitted the inner corner and an angle bit for the rest. Just a lick of filler will sort it . Did take a pic ,will load it when I can be arsed. Rear corners to finish filling , need to remove bumper brackets first . Captive nuts have all broken free and no room to get a grinder in so will try drilling heads off. Hope it works as will take forever with die grinder, compressor not got enough CFM to keep up.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    repair to screen frame, filled and primed . Run out of primer now. Paint stripped from n/s doorframe and 1/2 gutter . working my way to the rear , then its the other side----

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have 3 more weeks of furlough , so that's 4 weeks from today and then have some hols booked!!!Might get the bus painted , just on last fettling bits of filler . Don't know what sort of paint was used for the white (it was painted blue bottom and white top) but it was that thick the only way to remove it from gutters was with a mini sanding disc in my die grinder. Looks like house paint spayed on inside of doors, some flakes off but they painted over locks and all so lots of scraping .

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    well still removing paint , nearly finished just rear valance and inner of drivers door and they are both partly done. found a hole in front corner of drivers door inner skin, another covered over bodge!! Repair panel NLA so had to make one . Came out okay , no filler needed and smoothed some more weld after photo. The before shot didn't come out .

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aah, I remember the days of playing chase the VW rot so well!

Keep at it, you’ll beat the demon rust in the end!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lost a day and a half rewiring my lads KTM 250 , you have never seen such a mess as some dickhead converted it to "road legal" . It now charges , leads on rectifier were in wrong order!! Loom is now thickness of finger not wrist !! Removed yards of unnecessary wire.
    Upside is he gave me hand to turn unit into paint booth stapling plastic sheet to beams . Started spraying primer , trouble is have to do it in stages as not enough room to hang doors so insides first then next day outers . same with side door , tail gate and engine lid ,grill and side covers. best bit is paint,clean gun and leave so not stuck in fumes . Do have proper mask, painters suit and all.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recon all the primer done, now its the big flat back. Still have some very fine DA discs and there is a lot of flat area so should speed it up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information