Tribute to Edwardian aero engined cars and Land Speed Record cars of the 1920's - Page 27
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thisYup View Post
    Can't you move the runners in, 1/4-1/2 inch or will the seat not allow? If not move the runners in 1/4-1/2 inch and move the seat mount on them out the corresponding amount.....��
    By jove that's a good idea ?

maybe been to blinkered by being tied in to what I have done so far , will get the tape measure out and see how much would help.

Just moving the one runner in by about 2" could do it ?

How narrow could the gap between the runner be and still work ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thought time I did something ?

Need a battery tray ? so knock one up ...

Oh so traditional bit of angle iron and a couple of stretchers

Wondered whether I could mount it say 2/3 in engine bay and 1/3 in passenger foot well ?
    With access from the engine side ?

Looks workable and the passenger seat is so far back that I doubt the feet will come past the box section on the floor just inside the dashboard line ?

So box it in on the passenger side and add a cross beam a couple inches above the battery for strength.

The passenger needs a foot rest and the battery tray can be braced of the pad on the chassis and the tube alongside the gearbox on the engine side , maybe a couple of short angled braces underneath on the passenger side so all braces are in compression sounds about right.

Paul

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

Bit the bullet and bought a heater , rear heater from a taxi apparently ? had what I wanted just 2 pipes in and 2 speed fan.

So this was inside [ the motor is in the other part of the casing ] :-

Looks like a good vacuum clean out and it should be OK.

Imagine the piece of wood is a new vertical in the firewall so the pipes will end up on the engine side and the mesh air out will be in the foot-well both pointing to the inside of the car

In this picture the rad goes behind the grill and the cross piece that says Engine side will be cut out and the heater sat further inside the bonnet bolted to the lower shorter horizontal.
    Another cross piece will replace it but now above the heater across the the vertical in the centre and the battery tray will sit on that also partially inside the cockpit.

This is the cockpit side but the heater will be far enough inside the engine bay to allow the water pipes to be plumbed in.

I need to blank off the mesh on the fan side with some sort of outlet in the blanking piece to divert the hot air into the foot-wells with maybe a manual control to divert it all to the driver if there is no passenger.

I wanted to use some steel stove chimney pipe for that but it seems very expensive [ from MachineMart ] although it maybe twin walled [ only only need single ] it may have to be plastic guttering down pipe and elbows ?

all for now Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information