Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried steaming the wrinkles and result is mostly disappointing but with some minor improvements. I'm thinking I might have to take come areas down and try again but other parts I will have to live with. People who have seen it think its pretty good but I think its the wallpaper syndrome - the hanger sees every blemish but the visitors never notice any of them just seeing the overall effect. I wish I could do that as the problem is compounded every time I try to take a picture it seems worse with the flash highlighting the slightest wrinkle. This is a good bit......

........and this too.........

Now this I thought was good till I took the picture. This is the area where I should have made paper patterns of the Sydney Opera House/orange peel shape. I get another go on the second car soon............

But I am happy enough with this....

Next, I need to work out the best way to renovate the sun visors or perhaps they could be colour stained or resprayed. There must be a tutorial somewhere.
    Last edited by Perfect65; 31-05-2018 at 08:29.
    Greatest discombobulations to all my readers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got the back seat over to Chris at Custom Coach Trimming in Evesham (Hot Rod Trimmer on here) and I am well pleased with the result. Although the old seat was good enough it didn't match the lovely job Chris did on the front bench seat so the budget had to stretch again. Vinyl is Jaguar Cinnamon.

Now just the armrests and door cards to do. Might just try cleaning the armrests first to see how they come up but if not satisfied it could mean another job for Chris after we have relocated to Wales.
    Last edited by Perfect65; 31-08-2018 at 09:55.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good mate , now I see how the arm rests fit and the shape of them , why the big move ?.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those armrests must be a swine to replicate. If you need some detail pictures I should be able to help. I might even have a roughish set to copy. Yes a big move but we love Wales, especially the coastal areas, and a bungalow with 2 double garages was also a pull. We havent sold our own home yet so it will mean commuting with van and box trailer for a few months, van with car and workshop stuff and trailer with furniture. Luckily we have loan of big twin axle trailer from a friend in next village to where we are going. I will need a car trailer for a week to do 4 vehicles unless I can sell the black Prefect in the meantime. Arranging care for 104 year old mum is also on the to do list but have 2 brothers so more or less covered. Keep the reports coming, you seem to be on a roll at the moment.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi how’s the car doing? Back in photo 49 you’ve got new running boards , do you remember where you got them from, and a price, I’ve been looking at making my own and also looked at beetle ones as they look a similar shape and long enough to cut down to length, cheers in a£Vance ,Keith.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just seen your message. The running boards came from a man who lives on the A1 at Wyboston called Jim Calver. Phone number 07985 551086.
    Price was £45 each collected from memory.

Just started looking at the car again and remembering the things I didn't like about it. Rear suspension needs improving in the ladder bar area and also rear handbrake could be better. I currently have it over the pit and one by one releasing the shackle bolts to see where the tight spots are.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Dave , i will give him a call when we get back from America in two weeks,

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    At last had a go at the handbrake. Having twin cables didn't work with the original umbrella handle lever. I needed to increase the ratio to make the pull longer so changed to single cable and the original Ford pull rod across the axle. It must be better as I can't push the car on level floor. Havent tried it in our drive yet but the slope will be good enough test as with the old system it would not hold and had to use the front hydraulic brake to hold it.
    Also had a look at the ladder bars and all I could find was some binding in the ladder bar pivots because it all moved better when I took one out. I have modified the pivots to spherical bearings which is much better. Next thing to try is new ladder bars in box section to avoid the rear floor on full bump and fit adjusters that are parallel. I have 3/4" rose joints for the pivots. Just my own ideas to see if I can improve the feel of the handling. I have all the materials and just need a free weekend to do it.
    Another thing I need to do is raise the back end a tad. Its possible the spring has sagged a bit so will try another one when I get the time.
    Last edited by Perfect65; 06-11-2019 at 11:27.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you back on it , interior looks great ......

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read this, great work, love the car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information