Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diabetes

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    In their defence eating this way is more cost that your standard dieting plan as most if not all is organically produced fresh unprocessed food so their catering budget would go out the window. I think they have a budget to feed each person of around £2.50 a day.

Even on our pensions my wife and I (she's type 2 as well) have cut down on portion sizes to we are eating healthy organic (as much as we can) for not much more that before
    Last edited by Chunky; 22-09-2018 at 15:07.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo56 View Post
    Having spent a week in hospital earlier this year I wouldn't think hospital food is that healthy, most of it seemed to be processed food with a fattening pudding at each meal apart from breakfast which consisted of heavily sugar laden cereals, added to this more biscuits were dished out in a week than I'd been eating in a couple of months.
    I'm a bit confused about you having diabetes and being given statins, I thought one of the main side effects of statins can be diabetes. Since my hospital incarceration and heart problem diagnosis I've been prescribed statins although I am very reluctant to take them as my normal cholesterol levels are all mid way on the recommended levels.
    It's as though they are saying do what we say not as we do. Hypocritical.

Hope your on the mend now. Jon
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Very interesting Jon and good results there especially surviving teh heart attack !!

A diabetic friend also swear by the Keto diet . I've been diabetic for 3 years, haven't done a thing about it apart from cutting out sugar in my coffee and yjhe one fizzy drink I used to treat myslef to a week. Lost 15kg overall in 18 months.

HBA1C went up to 78 but is holding back at 68 now which is where it's been for years.

My pancreas is screwed , literally twisted and scarred from pancreatitis medicice related attack 30 years ago . Plus it has a tumour hanging from it which involves an 8 hour op that will probably kill me anyway.

Another mate was on tablets and discovered one of the side effects was making him GAIN weight ??

Started on metformin a week ago , took one tablet and, as usual had a rare one in 100,000 side effct happen within 3 hours
    Kev. It's strange about putting you on Metformin as the studies suggest they are considering not prescribing newly diagnosed patients but prescribing exercise plans instead. How much plain water do you drink. And how much sitting down will you admit to. I do too much

Who still gets night sweats otherwise known as Dawn syndrome because it happens around dawn. Keep away from dawn, she's a killer. Ha ha ha

For those that don't know its when your body releases insulin while you sleep to counteract raised Blood sugar.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    They put me on statins and clopidogreal ( blood thinners ) after my first TIA. Binned teh statins because I felt like crap on them.

Sitting about ? Virtually all I can do , even when doing abit on teh car it's down to different height stools as my back is totally shagged ie if it gets worse I MUST have an op to stop me being paralysed.

I have absolutely no diabetes sympthoms , it's just that I have aminium 3 monhtly blood test that says otherwise

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky View Post

Who still gets night sweats otherwise known as Dawn syndrome because it happens around dawn. Keep away from dawn, she's a killer. Ha ha ha

For those that don't know its when your body releases insulin while you sleep to counteract raised Blood sugar.
    Blow me, I never knew that!!
    Wondered if I was borderline for years due to dramatic energy drops during day.

As an aside re comments on hospital food a lot of patients need more than normal intakes as body tries to recover from an event. That said piling up the sugar in a diabetic ward seems mad. 'we' (work in NHS) monitor blood sugars and adjust grub accordingly. Thinking I should start monitoring me own.
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Grown up? Never!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    My lovely wife Liz is type 1 and has has been for 25+years.
    She’s 5’6” and a size 10ish.
    She’s vegetarian.
    She doesn’t smoke.
    She runs 10k twice a week.
    She rides 100k most weeks.
    She has an insulin pump and has 4 check ups a year and every time they tell her that her bloods are too high.
    Why am I telling you this?
    I guess because no matter what you do, if you have a condition, the doctors say it’s not enough.

Chaley
    And on the 6th day Man created god.
    Tetanus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information