Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How are you?...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs upHow are you?...

....as we are mostly all stuck at home recently.

It's not nice being stuck indoors, some of us have a garage at home where we can escape to but not everyone.
    I've made no secret of my mental health problems, but of late I've been ok, I'm still working, albeit half days, I get on with my Zephyr where I can, I come on here (a lot),
    I post complete **** (too much)

So, is everyone ok ? Keeping their chin up, still smiling, still feeling good ?

I'm not expecting this thread to go anywhere (ref: **** posts)
    But if you're on a downer i know there is people on this very site that can make you smile, and they may well post on this for you

Stay safe and stay smiley

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think many suffer from mental health issues possibly without even realising it.

Tends to go with a creative / artistic personality .

Yup, I suffer , quite heavily for the last 4 or 5 years but am mostly at a level I can cope with though I need B12 injections to keep it so .

I'm still waiting to hear back from the doctores how they are going to achieve that as I'm under a 12 week lockdown with 6 weekly shots

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm OK as I'm still getting out to work, I'm not alone at home and I have beer, but my brother is finding it tough. He lost his wife of 50 years not long before this kicked in, so the days are hard

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    I think many suffer from mental health issues possibly without even realising it.

Tends to go with a creative / artistic personality .
    I'll agree with this Kev

Hopefully the quack can get the jabs issue sorted for you.
    Keep your pecker up mate

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PONCHO View Post
    I'm OK as I'm still getting out to work, I'm not alone at home and I have beer, but my brother is finding it tough. He lost his wife of 50 years not long before this kicked in, so the days are hard
    Sorry to hear about your family loss, 50 years is a long time, I've been married 32 years and that girl is my rock.... But don't tell her that.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I am one of boris,s shielded gang , it is not much fun got **** next door every weekend is like a building site , put up with this for 15yrs , so every day he is up to something it is gone 7pm can hear him hitting something with a hammer :****er:in process of selling house then we get this virus !!come along, well things could be worse at least still here to rant on , but god it would be good to get out into the real world again seems a long time already
    keeping vintage iron alive

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Days are getting bright again for longer
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

10. Likesalleykat liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    another 12 weeker with a 20 plus year history of mental illness, not easy but amazing how my mates have called and asked how I am, really helps , just off phone with another car nut (mk1 mini, old 6 series, chimera, 911, e30 conv, 2.0 nova track day plus moderns and his beloved van) telling me tales of building mini and painting his 6 series after being let down by 3 dif painters, just nice having a bit of car chat.
    then theres highlight of the day 9pm is beer o'clock for a bit of self medication and relaxation.
    SWMBO still at work so that's more conversation when she gets home also means cant fully isolate totally as place is too small but staying apart as much as possible.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Days are getting bright again for longer
    That makes such an unbelievable difference to mental health and general wellbeing even if you don’t suffer with any issues of the mind.

I’m on furlough at the moment and it couldn’t have come at a better time personally as the docs changed my mental health meds back in March and got it slightly wrong. They didn’t check the compatibility with my pain killers and after three days on the new meds I had a full blown tonic-clonic seizure for the first time in my life and that is something I wouldn’t wish on anybody!

A month on and things are much better, it even appears to have helped me to control the nonsense that goes on in my head......almost like a reset button has been hit.
    I can’t get to my workshop, it’s too far away, but my garden is looking magnificent and it’s also given me time to enjoy my other hobby of baking. Well it would except there appears to now be a world shortage of flour at the moment so the cakes will have to wait

If the lockdown is starting to affect you then reach out as soon as possible, don’t leave it until it’s too late. The longer you leave it the harder it is to get back.
    If you don’t have someone you can talk to or if it’s too difficult to start that conversation please feel free to drop me a p.m, I will happily be the person on the other end that you can chat to about this or anything else.

13. Likesalleykat, kapri liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its good to talk something us guys are not good at unless its got 2 or 4 wheels....
    Also its the other people in your life that also need a call friends and family just checking in to see how they are.
    Good post....

15. Likesalleykat liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information