Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in.

Ok, I need to lose at least a stone to a stone and a half. I'm currently 17 stone and stupid stuff like cutting my toe nails is awkward so I have to do something. My biggest thing I guess is pastries, savoury or sweet. I get heartburn more after anything like that and never used to.
    So my goal is 15 1/2 stone, fingers crossed.
    Cheers, Neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a pill for heartburn - you take if for 28 days and it gets rid of it for ages/forever. PM me a reminder & I'll look up what it is.
    Watch heartburn - it can also rot your teeth - even though you might not bring up into your mouth the acid still rises at night and strips the enamel.

PS, you fat *******

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Repeated heartburn can give you osaphaegal cancer ! The lining of the osaphagus attempts to be change to become acid proof ( like the stomach lining) . If you've had a long history of untreated acid reflux you should be looking at getting it inspected for a pre-cancerous condition known as Barretts Osaphagus ...guess how I know

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suffered with heatburn and relux for a number of years, all lifestyle related, Doctors "cures" were futile as was gaviscon and all the maskers..

started to pay attention to what brought it on, that was the hard bit cause I had it all the time .. Cut out bread, chocolate, coffee, letuce, cucumber, celary, and milk. the **** grey milk that comes from the national dairys.. and apples..

in addition I added stuff like Activia bio yogurt and supplemented that with bio cultures

Several weeks later I was pretty much cured ... added each of abov back into the diet one at a time , discovered I ca eat apples without the skin, loose eaf like rocket and stuff is OK just none of that whit watery ****e lettuce, cucumber remains a no no as does celary, and bread is fine providing it isnt stodgy white **** .. or stodgy brown **** for that matter..

Mikl is OK so long as its full fat and unadulterated ( gold top ) and I keep the chocolate digestives under control were fine .. and have been for a number of years now ..

usulaay have a few activias a week and if things do start to feel a bit acid, bump a couple of bio culture pills to increase good gut flora ..

Eliminating stomach acid is as bad for you as "excess " acid .. Excess acid is apparently a myth its a weak valve in the esophagus that allows acid to travel and cause the problem, eliminating stomach acid with protien pump inhibitors just masks the problem and swaps one issue for another .. You need stomach acid to facilitate digestion, you make what you need , if you make excess its because your input is excessive for your needs.. Or it was in my case..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alcahol is the biggest culprit for reflux. Cut that down/out and often it will go away.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The heartburn I'm sure is self inflicted as when I leave off pastry, fizzy drinks etc I don't get it at all. I'm ok in moderation, and there is the issue and why I've put the weight on in the first place.
    My dad used to say "the key to a successful diet is knowing the difference between need and greed" and he was spot on.
    Anyway I had the last of the pack of ginsters pasties today (i couldn't waste them) and will have fruit instead in my lunch from now on.
    Neil
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't indulge in pastries very often as used to get awful heartburn - I've become very aware of who's products give me gip.
    I put it down to that ****e hydrogenated fat they used to cook em in.
    [email protected] can still burn but the other decent bakeries are all bloody scrummy. :-)

Early days I was cursed with being a skinny runt, regular gym work, still no real muscle :-(
    Lurching towards 60 now classed as slim with nice BMI LOL
    Now push bike rides, 12 hour shifts on a manic hospital ward and Tai Chi rolling around down the garage keep me straight.
    I hope.

Good Luck!!!!!! Flick the switch - my denial strategy is to not dwell. When I walk past the local I just alter my lustful thought immediately NO and walk on.
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    best thing I ever did. loose 6 stone. one of the benefits,no more heartburn

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I was prescribed after an op for removing pre cancerous cells on my tongue.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/omeprazole/

I don't suffer from heartburn unless I drink far more than I normally do (which is very little) combined with rich food and lying down (typical beach holiday) but 28 days of those pills and I've not had heartburn in over 2 years.

Best to talk to your doctor though and get a proper appraisal.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been on Omeprazole for about 25 years . It's only meant for short term use ( !!) and had resulted in me becoming B12 deficient and anaemic. Always best to deal with anything w ithout medication if possible.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in