Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motivation

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rickbwigan View Post
    i dont eat too badly (obviously i must do), while i at work i have a small bowl of cereal with a banana for breakfast. lunch is sandwich, crisps, 2 oranges and an apple. then i get home from work, the mrs has made a big tea, and im hungry and tired, so i eat it all. then i pick at the kids left overs, then im looking in the cupboards at the kids treats... and it goes on.
    she works evenings and weekends, so im stuck in quite a lot, kids are too young for long walks and bike rides. if i get bored i eat.

lots of excuses.

ive lost weight in the past, i know i can do it, and ive found it not too difficult.

i am 15 stone and want to lose over 2 stone. im just full excuses. starts again monday....
    Looking at what you eat there it seems to me being diabetic that youe meals are carb heavy and lots of sugars in one form or another eg.. Fructose in fruit.

I'm not suggesting you're diabetic. Maybe a trip to the docs might discount that but if I were you I'd cut right down on the carbs and fruit and eat lot of fresh veg ( mainly veg grown above ground as these contain the least carbs, Eat 2/3 egs for breakfast (however you like them cooked. If its fried then fry them in coconut oil. snack on nuts. Drink more water and cut out sugar and sweeteners. cut out vegetable oils as these change when cooked to unhealthy fats. Eat butter made from milk from grass fed animals preferrably Organic because of the no added chemicals and meds used in its production.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"

2. Likesrickbwigan, cuchullain liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie rickbwigan's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the words chunky.

i thought about going to the docs last night as im sure the results of that would give me motivation.

Official RnS Addict Neil Davies's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky View Post

I have a view that being overweight is a compulsive disorder, Like Tourets without the swearing. I can go weeks sticking rigidly to what I'm supposed to eat then bang I've eaten something that I know will affect my diabetes but couldn't stop myself... at that time. Luckily the guilt kicks in and I get back on track.

Jon
    I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't feel guilty. Instead, enjoy it, accept that it is a rare treat, then carry on with the good work. We wouldn't be human without a blip or two, and we'd be miserable without allowing ourselves something really nice every now and again, just as long as its not every night.

As for me, I've been having a school dinner (with plenty of salad!) at lunchtime and noodle soup for tea. They're not the best for long term dieting, but they help me shed weight pretty quickly (almost 6 lbs this week) and they're really tasty!
    2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. [email protected] on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
    2276cc, 48IDAs, race car. [email protected] on race fuel and slicks. April 2005!

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a child in the 50's and living in the 'sticks' all we had was the milk delivery (including bread) and the village shop for food provisions. My mother would make a weekly trip on the local hourly bus service to the nearest town (with us kids) to get stuff that wasn't available in the local shop. Convenience foods and snacks were limited to Smith crisps (in paper packets with the blue salt 'twists' and a few chocolate bars like Frys 5 boys and Cadburys. You didn't really see too many obese people. Few people could afford cars so there was plenty of walking and cycling.
    Roll-on 50 years or so and the food, confectionery and drinks industry has become a huge dominating force in the UK. Yes, exercise is important, fat, sugar and drink consumption (both alcoholic and 'soft') is also important as is not smoking etc. I hate going in supermarkets and while away the time in the check-out queue looking in the shopping trolleys at all the pointless convenience foods, cakes, sweets, snacks and soft/hard drinks and comparing to the physique of the shopper..........
    Bottom line is that so many people would have died early from the diseases that are treatable now it is too easy to blame our current lifestyle - I look at all the people who run, spend time daily in the gym working out, keeping fit and wonder (as with people who play professional level football, rugby etc) what is currently happening to their knee and ankle joints and will they be 'crippled' when they reach their 60's?
    Last edited by Roscobbc; 22-09-2018 at 10:09.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rickbwigan View Post
    thanks for the words chunky.

i thought about going to the docs last night as im sure the results of that would give me motivation.
    No problem Rick. You would get to know either way and be able to have a better informed understanding of how to proceed. Don't put it off. Knowledge is power.

Park further away from the shops so you get to walk more. Keep moving as this helps the blood sugar dissipate and move the build up of toxins to the bowel. We all love a good bowel movement Ha ha ha.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Also stress and conflict makes people eat more as comfort food so reducing these helps

Official RnS Addict Neil Davies's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heading in the right direction - another 3lbs this week. I'm still 5lbs heavier than I was before the summer, and ideally another stone and a half more than I'd like to be in the end. Might be starting a race car project at school so motivation is high at the moment!
    2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. [email protected] on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
    2276cc, 48IDAs, race car. [email protected] on race fuel and slicks. April 2005!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    People may disagree, but easiest way for me to drop weight is to drop a meal out the day. Breakfast I struggle to eat, don't really want to look at food until 9.30am. I have fruit and fibre (to guarantee a movement....) with a banana and a cuppa. I started by cutting out crisps at lunch and just having a soup or sarnie for lunch, but I found eating a small amount just left me hungry. If I skipped lunch entirely then by 2pm I'm not even thinking of food. By the time I get home for dinner, I'm starving, but I eat a normal dinner, have dropped 500 calories out my day and don't have to change what I eat, which isn't all that bad but still largely nice grub. I'm als trying to be active in the evenings, if I sit down I want to eat something about 8.30, but again if I'm busy doing something I don't bother.

I cant be doing with running and all that ********. I don't have the time, with a full time job, two kids, my wifes illness, house renovations, (previously) racing, car projects......etc. I can't get up at 5am to run, I can't stay awake past 9.30 as it is....I just keep active, walk when I can, play footie with the kids, occasionally go out on the bikes. Just everything in moderation including exercise.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie rickbwigan's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    found my motivation.
    picked up a cheap fixed wheel bike, got a cheap turbo trainer from halfords which i have used every other evening. cut out excess food and snacking and ive lost 6lbs in 10 days.

finding the fixie was the key. bought it for £30, i could sell it on for £130 easy, but its worth my weight in gold now.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Motivation is deffo where it's at!

I find 'negative' motivation can create a gritty determination more so than positive...
    Work round the clock five years 24/7 and be rich beyond your wildest dreams - can't be arsed.
    Ease up on the fags, booze n Gregg's and have a more active retirement :-) Yaaaaay, sign me up
    Last edited by Kustom Jim; 22-10-2018 at 08:00.
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information