Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    It's worth a look Alan, deffo working for me. Shaved my goatee off today and found that there was one less chin lurking underneath it lol.

Was on Metformin, Glimiperade and statins Jon, got that down to Metformin now trying without that while I stick to the plan.

Anth
    "one less chin lurking underneath it lol."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
    Where diabetes is concerned 'dieting' is the wrong approach. You have to make a lifestyle change. Do you have a Blood sugar test kit?. Eating the right foods that don't spike your sugar levels invariably mean you can eat these until you are full. Because of this you are less likely to feel hungry. Snack on unsalted Nuts not peanuts though. My choices are cashew, brazil. Stay away from Granola the Carb content is massive for what is put ut there as healthy aim to keep your carb intake for the day to below 50gm or lower. Considering 1 slice of bread is on average 17gms its a challenge if bread is your craving. Who buys the food in your house? if it's you do your reasearch of what spike by testing before and 2hours after eating a food type. That way you'll see which ones spike your sugar levels. Read ALL the ingredient lists. I eat to my meter. Remember the faster certain foods raise your sugar levels the faster they'll come crashing down making you feel hungry again.

I don't knowingly have any sugar or sweetners in my foods because even though sweetners have no calorific value they still feed the cravings and in fact stop the brain sending messages to stop eating so you end up eating more.

Hope this helps ... Jon
    Makes perfect sense Jon, unfortunately I've always struggled with maintaining a healthy diet, even when I'm getting plenty of exercise. What I'm doing now means no calorie counting, no need to be selective with foods, and the parts of the diet other than the food plan (drink water, no salt etc), whilst really only common sense, are helping enormously. Each to their own though, sounds like you're doing well!

Anth

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Makes perfect sense Jon, unfortunately I've always struggled with maintaining a healthy diet, even when I'm getting plenty of exercise. What I'm doing now means no calorie counting, no need to be selective with foods, and the parts of the diet other than the food plan (drink water, no salt etc), whilst really only common sense, are helping enormously. Each to their own though, sounds like you're doing well!

Thank you. Like you I've struggle with health diets be cause the experts keep changing what is supposed to be healthy and once what was put forward as being healthy turns out not to be 'in their' opinion. Unfortunately as mere mortals who haven't done any nutrition training we get sucked into believing them. The problem arises when the basis of their learning is based on false or flawed science but we still end up as the guinea pigs and it's OUR health that suffers.

I don't calorie count either and as it seems to be working for me I'll carry on as is. Also you are right what suits one person might not suit another due to allergic reactions and lifestyle. What I'd say though is keep researching and experimenting, introduce a food item at a time and see what effects it has on you. Positive then carry on. negative then ditch it. That's how I've got to where I am. It's difficult because my brain is saying ' go on get some of those crusty wholemeal baguettes (which the NHS says I should be eating in moderation) When I really know they have a negative effect on me, and my Bblood glucose levels, and if I succumb I'll regret it and feel really guilty.

Keep on keeping on
    Last edited by Chunky; 27-09-2018 at 14:48.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict Cragarsarecool's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diets are ******** you need to change your lifestyle for good - then you won't be counting anything and you'll feel much better. There's one book to read, this one - The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose weight fast and reprogramme your body
    by Michael Mosley

He's the bloke on the telly and everything he does works. I lost a stone and a half without even trying - it works!
    The Original Terry Fuckwit...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    my dad always said about diets that if you're not hungry you're not losing weight. plus knowing the difference between need and greed, that's a good one. clever ****er my dad
    neil.
    ps eat what you want, just less of it. nothing (i use that word with caution) is bad for you in moderation.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cragarsarecool View Post
    Diets are ******** you need to change your lifestyle for good - then you won't be counting anything and you'll feel much better. There's one book to read, this one - The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose weight fast and reprogramme your body
    by Michael Mosley

He's the bloke on the telly and everything he does works. I lost a stone and a half without even trying - it works!
    Johnny Vegas on Steve Wright this aftie said that! 'Lifestyle change' not diet and he's dropped a shedload off. Grill not fry for a starter

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not necessarily that - you need to turn your body into a fat burner not a sugar burner. Your body likes sugar cos it's nice and it stores the fat for when it hasn't got any sugar but as soon as it's finished burning the sugar it sort of says - hmm that was nice I'd like some more; which translates into you feeling hungry. So you give it some more sugary stuff along with other carbohydrates - the fat bit it stores again for when it hasn't got any sugar to burn. then it burns all the sugar and thinks, hmm, that was nice I'd like some more......... repeat to fade - so, you never burn the fat if you eat a sugary diet; you just get fat and feel ****.....

well that's how it's been explained to me - it works.

Dr Micheal Mosley's book - has a subtitle of - how to reverse type 2 diabetes.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus, all this bull**** about fat makes you fat - it doesn't; if, you make your body burn it. Sugar is the enemy!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all gone slightly tits up - jacking my job in has meant that I've also had to jack the Cambridge plan in due to cost. On the plus side, I'm a **** load les stressed than I was, and the definitely has a bearing on blood sugar, so could be worse

Got weighed at the weekend for the first time in ages and expected to have put half a stone back on with all the ****e I've been stuffing down me neck - nope, half a pound back on! So back on plan, want to try for 14st for Christmas. Got a diabetic clinic at the beginning of November so I'll report back on that.

Anth.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been to the diabetic clinic today, and it's canny good news. Weight's down by 10lb, hba1c's down from 64 to 60, cholesterol's down to 3.8, and blood pressure/pulse etc's all spot on. Must be doing something right

Anth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information