Post Thanks / Like
    In old money, that means sugar's down from 8.0 to 7.6

2. LikesStude Star liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but stopping eating meat is a great one for weight loss and generally helping your body.

We eat so much poor quality meat it's mental, I eat meat about once a month, and only meat from an animal that's had a nicer life (where I can) and once you go without it for a few weeks you wonder how you ever ate all that processed junk (not to mention the ****ty lives the animals have had).

Don't calorie count it's nonsense, eat foods that have very few ingredients and short sell by dates, eat fruit and veg, butter (not spread) cheese etc (although i'm trying to find an alternative due to dairy cows being treated like crap), don't drink fizzy drinks or anything a mad colour. I have oranges in the van, if i'm hungry then that's the only thing there and it get eaten. Sweeteners are junk.

My ex was type 1 and a veggie. Good work on losing the weight

I've gotta try and give up smoking now, not easy...
    Last edited by Stude Star; 15-11-2018 at 20:54.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh smoking, that's one thing I'm glad I never really took up (had the odd one when ****ed but haven't smoked for years.) Good luck with that, hope you crack it.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wise words in these comments!!

As an older bloke word has it that processed food and non organic is stuffed full of female growth stuff which allegedly attacks your man juice testosterone which is already dropping like a stone with age. Feck that, I was starting to put my hands on my hips. I wanna wrench on V8s till I drop not browse a Laura Ashley brochure. Having said that the William Morris wallpaper is to die for.
    Last edited by Kustom Jim; 18-11-2018 at 21:01.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So had a blood test for something else.
    came back telling me iam pre-diabetic and almost type 2 and that need a diet / lifestyle change to prevent full type 2 developing

so recommendations about food / lifestyle changes, books and what works for you welcome

cheers

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi all,
    im an ex competitive body builder / physique competitor, im also a retired army PTI, and used to do Pt training and dietary advice. Please now pick yourself up from the floor from laughing, but i stopped competing at 48 yrs old, by body had had enough. So on point

firstly, chances are your size, and relationship to food is hereditary, the size you are is the size you generally live your life at, generally.
    It takes either a HUGE wake up call, health wise to alter everything you think you know about food and exercise, or you get ill.
    Theirs some great advice already on here, look at clean food, increase exercise etc etc etc,

secondly, people around you, do they support everything you do? or do you fail because of their lack of surrounding ideals. Ie: they know your desperate to control diabetes, and loose weight, yet they dont alter their mindset to help, words and actions like, just this one meal out wont hurt, just go out and enjoy yourself, you can start again tomorrow.
    In all my years iv heard everything,

thirdly, increase your clean protein intake, make it more than your other food groups. Not red meat and NO pork, but fish, chicken, turkey. keep a record for 2 weeks of your food and fluid intake, FRUIT IS NOT YOUR FRIEND either. Increase your greens, lots of veg, lots of!!!

Fourth, go for a walk first thing in the morning every day before you put anything in your mouth, that also includes brushing your teeth....nothing. 20 mins thats all, no running just a stroll. Home then have a protein rich breakfast. Keep sugars out, did i say NO FRUIT

Lastly, WATER. 6 big glasses a day, flush flush flush

i will PM you my number if you need the full extent of this, im willing to help if you want it, no charge just advice to move into the right direction. Im not selling you anything,

This goes to anyone who wants a bit of advice

Mark
    11's
    one day i wil wake up and i'll be dead!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Wise words in these comments!!

As an older bloke word has it that processed food and non organic is stuffed full of female growth stuff which allegedly attacks your man juice testosterone which is already dropping like a stone with age. Feck that, I was starting to put my hands on my hips. I wanna wrench on V8s till I drop not browse a Laura Ashley brochure. Having said that the William Morris wallpaper is to die for.
    sort of along those lines, its more to do with the vegan / vegetarians. Seriously
    OK, when a vegan veggi buys the tofu/ quorn based sausages burgers etc, the plant it started life as, which is a fungus, is treated with estrogen, female hormone, as a blocker, to stop said sausage from reverting its self back to a fungus, so guys who eat alot of this, they increse their female hormones, and hey presto, man boobs.
    its actually a long shot aimed at scare mongering us, it would take years for the hormone to over power our testosterone as we have nuts, so as long as their there, boom.
    the other factor was bovine growth hormone injected into cattle to help them produce more milk. I did mu Uni dissertation on this years ago. End factor was girls started having their cycle at 9/ 10 yrs old instead of 12/ 13 yrs.
    But Uk banned this many years ago (dont always believe this, the sneaky chemists hide it in other ways)
    And its not banned in other EU countries, oh do we buy meat from the EU???? ohh dear.

So there you have it, quick and simple, guys your boobs are from over eating ****, not from veggi food sorry
    one day i wil wake up and i'll be dead!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

More wise words 11's

Exceeded sell by date Plumpcars's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great guidance 11's. Thank you.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what's the scoop with fruit???
    A sister at work said an old git like me should be eating fruit!! I try and push two portions down a day along with decent juice and red wine in da evenings lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information