Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

The bedford ca thread

20K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  SJM3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any bedford ca vans that have been modified over the years, having one myself asks the question really and when i think about it, the only one i can remember is the red rover v8 powered one that was featured in june 1993 custom car.
cheers. paul

#19 · (Edited)
Re: custom bedford ca?

just for you fungus!was going to build this but have had to sell:sniff:

and a joke 1 i got as ive a picture of the actual van covered in chicken poop

enjoy
kookie:D
Thats uncanny, ive had the same sort of idea for mine too, i was gonna paint mine a satin pale green, black steelies with whitewalls and finish it off with some good old 'hotrod' style sign writing.
Sadly though, i think ill end up selling mine on too once ive got the body in primer. The clutch is (at least i think its the clutch) juddering like a bastard, and i have no funds or real time to finish it as i was made redundant about 2 weeks after i got hold of it:tdown:

#21 · (Edited)
Re: custom bedford ca?

bedford ca freak,
Id love to put some up, but i havent got the equipment or knowledge to do so, There is a couple of pics of the van on the nsva website as i bought it (see older models option, mines the green n white camper between the scooby doo van).if you private message your email address to me, i could send some as it is now to you.
The van still has an mot on it till may i think, it starts first time, and runs as sweet as a nut but as i say, there is a bad judder coming from i think, the clutch.
Ive started the bodywork before all the bad weater came in, the front part of the roof (its a camper), scuttle panel, front wings are in primer, the front panel is currently off, its been sand blasted, etch primed and partly repaired too. Unfortunatly it has sat on my driveway through the winter, so where the primer has been applied, little bits of surface rust are popping through due to primer not being waterproof.
cheers. paul

#25 ·
Some mor einfo about mine

3.3 Litre Straight 6 from a vauxhall ventura (Front end extended by a few inches to accommodate) - had a cavalier front end and wings, fibreglass front and sides.

Paintwork done personally. Custom made flat rear window - one off tint band on the front windscreen (made by Pilkingtons, specially for this van)

Wolfrace alloys (obviously!)

Cresta rear axle,

Sunroof from a mercedes saloon

#27 ·
I guess it's a marmite front. Had to be extended to fit the extra 2 cylinders in, and I just made it a bit different!

It was taken from my garage when I left over a disagreement on rent, I wasn't in a position to store it at the time and I don't know the location of it now. Would love to find out where it is.

#28 ·
Funny but I don't remember that front (and it's something you wouldn't forget).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.