Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Custom 69 Boss 429 Mustang in Bradford/Bingley area '80/'90's info wanted

I am after any history/photos for the current owner of a green '69 Boss 429 Mustang that lived in the Bradford/Bingley area (the owner was Phil Smith)back in the '80's/'90's. It probably didn't have the Boss 429 engine in it at the time and might not have had the Boss markings on it either, but it was distinctive in that it was mildly customised in that it had shaved door handles and flared wheel arches and a roll bar.
    It was sold in the mid '90's and went south to a collector, Roy Carrington. Later it was sold on possibly to Germany first, and now is being fully restored in Sweden
    It is not the Barnsley scrapyard owners one, the Woolhouses that lived up in the air on a ramp (anybody got photos of that one?), as one of the sons still has it, still engine less.
    Martin '63 Fairlane Sports coupe (v. long term project)
    '66 Belvedere II convertible 440+6 (also a project, but not as long)
    + various '80's/90's classics

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to get photos of the one at the yard every time we went but there was no chance.
    Are you the bloke who asked this question a few months ago, its been asked on here.?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 68roadrunner View Post
    I tried to get photos of the one at the yard every time we went but there was no chance.
    Are you the bloke who asked this question a few months ago, its been asked on here.?
    I did message you elsewhere a couple of weeks ago Olly, you were going to ask somebody
    Re. The Woolhouses car, its been mentioned that it was red, but somebody else has said it was dark green and at one time another dark green one (ex. lord xxxx, sold at auction at a Scottish castle with the Superbird etc.) was there as well?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, yes it was Red I think when I saw it on the ramp. So does Steve own that now?,
    I think one of the Bros had to "bail" out of the UK for...err...a reason that I wont post here

I think that would be the auction at Sorne castle you mention, the Charger reg number DGE 426X also came from that sale IIRC
    I do not know if the 9 was there but I do remember one hell of a catalogue for the auction, im sure someone will have a copy of the listings?, worth a try.
    Anything is poss mate, we found a 68 Fury 6 years ago in a garden 2 miles from me, when applied for the V5 and it came back I soon realised it was a car I had driven in 1991. Sits in my workshop today.
    I would love to see that 9 again if ever possible, a '69 fastback Mustang has no bad body lines at all, lovely cars.....and that fkn hurts to say when MOPAR runs through my veins LOL

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, yes it was Red I think when I saw it on the ramp. So does Steve own that now?,
    I think one of the Bros had to "bail" out of the UK for...err...a reason that I wont post here

I think that would be the auction at Sorne castle you mention, the Charger reg number DGE 426X also came from that sale IIRC
    I do not know if the 9 was there but I do remember one hell of a catalogue for the auction, im sure someone will have a copy of the listings?, worth a try.
    Anything is poss mate, we found a 68 Fury 6 years ago in a garden 2 miles from me, when applied for the V5 and it came back I soon realised it was a car I had driven in 1991. Sits in my workshop today.
    I would love to see that 9 again if ever possible, a '69 fastback Mustang has no bad body lines at all, lovely cars.....and that fkn hurts to say when MOPAR runs through my veins LOL
    Steve being one of the Woolhouses? well apparently they never owned the 9 on the ramp, it was there for work as you know for years and yes one of the sons still has it.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes mate S Woolhouse, I happen to be going past my mates tomorrow aft on a job, ill call and see if he is there and ring him if not.
    He goes back to early 70's with this stuff, me, early 80's.
    ...you dont fancy trying to track the HEMI conv 4 speed RR then that I have been looking for for years on end, that car was in my Town in 1975/6, still know the bloke who brought it over from Detroit, we lived in council flats and the **** had a fkn flat floor series 1 E-type to go to work in LOL.....£700
    If I can find owt out ill let you know tomorrow,... im fkn rambling now

I'm a grown up member now ! dart's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes mate S Woolhouse, I happen to be going past my mates tomorrow aft on a job, ill call and see if he is there and ring him if not.
    He goes back to early 70's with this stuff, me, early 80's.
    ...you dont fancy trying to track the HEMI conv 4 speed RR then that I have been looking for for years on end, that car was in my Town in 1975/6, still know the bloke who brought it over from Detroit, we lived in council flats and the **** had a fkn flat floor series 1 E-type to go to work in LOL.....£700
    If I can find owt out ill let you know tomorrow,... im fkn rambling now
    Is that the Red 69 that was on the lunchtime parade at the Pod way back when. I remember the commentator bollocking the driver for getting it out of shape . Rumored to be in a disused church somewhere in Norfolk along with a collection of Hemi cars. If it is I sadly have no idea of where it is.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the one mate, I have searched for 25 years for that car, LOL not that I could afford it now!, it sold for £2800 IIRC in 1977, It was def in the old Red and Black exchange and mart for sale, I have seen the actual ad....showing my age now LOL

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information