Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

The geoff jago thread....

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A KIT CAR MAG, DONT GET ME WRONG I DONT NORMALLY BUY KIT CAR MAGS!, ANYWAY HAVING A QUICK LOOK THROUGH BEFORE I PASSED IT ON I CAME ACCROSS THIS ARTICLE ON GEOFF JAGO WHO HAS NOW BEEN TRADING FOR 50 YEARS......

NOW IM NOT GONNA START THE BIG IS A GLASS ROD A KIT CAR DEBATE! BUT I DO BELIEVE THAT GEOFF NEEDS SOME RECOGNITION ON HERE, AFTER ALL HE WAS OF COURSE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERY MANY IF NOT ALL THE EARLY 70S GLASS RODS OVER HERE (FORGIVE ME IF IM WRONG!) HE CERTAINLY KICKED OFF THE T BUCKET CRAZE IN THE EARLY 70S, & OF COURSE HE HAD THE 1ST TWO? IN THE CENTRESPREAD OF THE 1ST EDITION OF CUSTOM CAR-MARCH 1970 (AS SHOWN ON THE 3RD PAGE ABOVE) .IF IT WAS NOT FOR GEOFF STARTING OFF THESE T BUCKETS, MODEL BS ETC BODIES WHO KNOWS WHERE WE WOULD BE TODAY, GEOFF HELPED BRING RODDING TO THESE SHORES & KICK OFF BRITISH HOT RODDING IN A BIG WAY.

NOW OBVIOUSLY OVER THE YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN MANY MANY JAGO RODS BUILT SO HOWSABOUT AS A BIT OF A TRIBUTE TO HIM, I SUGGEST WE GET THIS THREAD FULL OF THOSE JAGO BODIED RODS/ARTICLES/ADVERTS ETC ETC AS A THANK YOU TO GEOFF & OF COURSE I SHOULD ALSO MENTION GEOFFS SON & RICHARD PARKS, WE SHOULD BE PROUD & THANKFUL FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO BRITISH RODDING, ARE ANY OF THEM OUT THERE READING THIS, LETS HOPE SO......

NOW I CAN PROBABLY TURN UP LOADS, BUT I,M NOT GONNA DO IT ALL SO LETS HAVE A BIT OF RESPONSE PLEASE.....
    Last edited by MOPAR; 06-09-2010 at 23:36.
    "IF IT WASN'T FOR THE HISTORY WE WOULDN'T HAVE A PAST".....
    HUNDREDS OF RODDING MAGZ ALWAYS 4 SALE, PM ME YOUR WANTED LIST...
    CHECKOUT MY LATEST MAGZ ETC
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/hotrodmags/

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Jago T bucket and a jeep, i will dig some pics out later and post them, top man who did a lot for rodding in england in the early days.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The blue 'flake car behind Geoffs T later in its life, owned by Terry Riddle at the time, I own it now but it doesn't look like a car at the moment. [Terry Riddle photo]

Another of it taken behind The Rodding Scene in '74. [Time Travel photo].

Both cars on the move. [Time Travel again I think].

I spoke to Geoff when I first got the blue car, I wanted to know its spec as I intended restoring it as it was such an early Jago. He had a moan at me saying that Hot Rodding was about moving forward, not looking back. I was still keen on the resto idea 'til he mentioned it was built using a Reliant 850 engine, box & rear axle & barely moved due to its' lack of power & the huge screen! I'm hoping the Hemi that's in it now will overcome the screens size.

Goeff said it was the second T Bucket they'd built after his own green car, it was for Richard Parkes' younger Brother, the Reliant was chosen for insurance purposes. Based on what he said, it makes it the oldest surviving Jago T.
    How'd the weekend go? Well, at the moment it looks like a dolphin that's been caught in a boats propeller.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    heres mine, its not got the roof now, and i havnt used it for a while, maybe next year

the only one i can find of the jeep is behind the camper about to come home from the nats

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT PICS & INFO THERE MR BUCKET, I AM ASSUMING THE GREEN ONE DIDN'T SURVIVE?, NICE TO HEAR NUMBER 2 IS STILL OUT THERE!

NOW THEN I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM, IN THAT HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY IDENTIFY A JAGO ROD IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW ITS A JAGO!

I HAVE SHOWN A FEW RANDOM T'S ETC BELOW THAT I AM ASSUMING ARE ALL JAGOS SIMPLY DUE TO HOW OLD THE PICTURES ARE SO PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG...

ALL PICS ARE FROM THE BOB ROTHWELL COLLECTION....

THIS IS JAGO ONE AT WOBURN ABBEY IN 65, I THINK THIS WAS GEOFFS 1ST FINISHED ROD? IT WAS BUILT FROM A THAMES VAN I BELIEVE.

THIS IS THE CHURCH BROTHERS T AT SANTA POD, 31ST OF MAY 71, THIS WENT THROUGH SEVERAL COLOUR CHANGES & ENDED UP AS THE PRISONER OWNED BY BRIAN KIRBY, I HAVE HEARD RUMOURS THAT IT SITS IN A GARAGE SOUTHEND WAY?...

THE PRISONER, CHELMSFORD 1980...(REDMAD PIC)..

MIKE KEYS PHOTO FANTASY, WOBURN 72...

MORE FROM WOBURN 72...

IS THIS A JAGO?....BIEULIEU 73...

& THIS ONE? BIEULIEU 73 AGAIN, THIS ONE IS STILL ABOUT SOMEWHERE & IS RED NOW...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trevd View Post
    heres mine, its not got the roof now, and i havnt used it for a while, maybe next year

the only one i can find of the jeep is behind the camper about to come home from the nats
    aahh, that t always liked that, saw the jeep at the nats with 2 funny furry looking animal things in it !!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR View Post
    aahh, that t always liked that, saw the jeep at the nats with 2 funny furry looking animal things in it
    i built the T over 18 years ago(only realised that when i found out id had my bungalow that long) as for furry things at the nats , well you have to do something when your driving round in a eep

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    a couple more

Dragging not Bragging vince-305's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR View Post

This green one was at KK a couple of months back
    Bit'z 'N' Piece's
    Ford consul mk2 chevy powered highrider

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what you mean about identifying Jago rods ? The bodies are fairly easily identifiable. Jagos built quite a few for others , reg numbers usualy give that way though many were registered through the same offices as the Southern Roadsters were based here and EVERYONE ( well it seemd like it ! ) had a T .Speaking of which...local Southern Roadster member Graham Cowans T with him with his back to the camera

Another SR car here, Ace of Tubs with Derek Chapmans brothers Pop in the background ,built from the ground up and issued a J plate ) later painted red 'lake witha V6 by George Chomiak ,another SR member.

Last edited by kapri; 07-09-2010 at 20:50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information