Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: grumpys toy

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st pic was from the gloucester local paper the citizen I had already bought the car before it made the paper , the 2nd im not sure but that was way before I owned it.

ive actually just found the log book which says I purchased it on 5th December 1991
    another pic for the collection
    Last edited by hot rod trimmer; 24-02-2020 at 17:29.
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry guy !!!!!!!!!!!! but just had to do it .............
    massive thanks to MOPAR for converting the VHS to DVD for me to make this possible .
    I will be uploading the full length of RTTS on youtube next week
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pleased to help, came out good...
    "IF IT WASN'T FOR THE HISTORY WE WOULDN'T HAVE A PAST".....
    HUNDREDS OF RODDING MAGZ ALWAYS 4 SALE, PM ME YOUR WANTED LIST...
    CHECKOUT MY LATEST MAGZ ETC
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/hotrodmags/

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict bigyellataxi's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hot rod trimmer View Post
    sorry guy !!!!!!!!!!!! but just had to do it .............
    massive thanks to MOPAR for converting the VHS to DVD for me to make this possible .
    I will be uploading the full length of RTTS on youtube next week
    Haha, I look older there than I do now...!!!

I've got the video, we watched it just before we moved last year...!!!

Fueled by Jim and Luckies.
    Still doing all the shit I used to ;-)

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah but now its on the internet ..........its there for life

I'm a grown up member now ! ignatzcatz's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, I'm Graham Kerr, original owner and builder of 'Grumpy's Toy'. I sold the Pop just before I went off to the States to work. I'll be digging out some of the old build photos I took, I shall have to scan them all then will post them up. Many many thanks to Chris for digging this up, really pleased I can share this bit of history with all you guys.

I'm a grown up member now ! ignatzcatz's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is some more on OPO 836 now known as Grumpy's Toy. I bought the Pop from an Irish guy who was working for Pat Church, that is the brother of Chris Church who originally built the drag Pop 'Goldrush' which after it's racing career was bought by Barry Tracey of Wolfrace Wheel's fame and became the rainbow hued show winner, I think powered by a 318 Mopar. The 289 out of Goldrush got fitted into an MGB which was a street racing demon in the Brighton area. This Irish guy, whose name I cannot recall had to go back to Ireland so his plans on building a Pop got halted. This is where I came in. The Pop had started to be rodded and the chassis had started to have a boxing kit added. Pat wanted it out of his bodyshop garage so I moved the car to a lockup as I didn't have my own garage as I was living in a flat at the time.
    The original reg number for the Pop was 198 JMP. Through the NSRA, I was a very early member, I knew Simon Lane who was a good friend. Simon had the reg no. POP 836, this was on retention but he also
    had OPO 836 which was on a Pop van that he had parked up in a council lockup in the Wimbledon area. Unfortunately, the council in their infinite wisdom had looked into this lockup, saw an old car and very kindly disposed of it. I don't know if Simon ever got any recompense for this evil action. Anyway he very kindly said I could have the registration so I ground off the old chassis number best I could, filled over the last bit of the numbers and sprayed the chassis. Re-registering the car was quite easy, the local DVLA chappies from the Brighton office came to Small Dole where I was building the car, looked to where the chassis number should be, on the front left of the chassis, seen that I had just sprayed it all nicely in black, said OK that's fine and voila I got my OPO registration. I mentioned I was now building the car in a village called Small Dole. It was an old egg packing shed in a farm and whilst it was a large area, it had no windows, I stapled a load of plastic over the holes plus there was frequent visits by rats obviously looking out for the, long gone chickens. I got the car done and booked it in for an MOT. The MOT garage was only a couple of miles up the road but driving the car was a frightening experience because it bump steered like a *******. Amazingly enough it flew through the MOT but there was no way I could drive it for any distance. So I called up the experts and in my case it was another NSRA pal Nick Butler. With the car up at Nicks he made a scale replica of my front suspension which showed just how bad it was. Nick fitted a bush into the steering arm and fabricated wedges to go under the front axle and the car was absolutely transformed. At last I could give it some serious beans. I raced it at Shakey at a run what you brung, it only did a 15 because the trans was very tired plus it almost turned left when I came off the gas so I didn't pursue the racing stuff and was happy just having a quick blast up the dual carriageway. I have scanned the few piccys I have, I didn't own a camera in the early days so it is not very complete but I hope you find them of interest.Attachment 294003Attachment 294005Attachment 294007img016.jpgimg014.jpg
    Attached Images

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats amazing thanks ..................... i still have that original OPO 836 number plate in my garage !!!!!!!!!!!! funny you say about the bump steer as in the early 90s it was my daily for a full year from Gloucester to Cheltenham about 25 miles a day with 10 mpg and a few times it caught me out and rattled my teeth out !!! I think I still have a LETTER (whoooooo) from nick butler when I contacted him asking what the track rod ends where which I think was zephyr .
    there is no mistaking those headers which many a time I drove to work fully open great times

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya
    I remember the Pop being at Leicester Custom Tech. I think it was having the accident damage repaired as an insurance job...?....and also - did it have a damaged piston that was aluminium welded to repair it, job done at BP Fabrication???? All a long time ago!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup was at LCT when guy (bigyellataxi) was working there and its guy in the RTTS video

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information