Quote Originally Posted by ignatzcatz View Post
Just by chance I happened onto this thread, actually I was looking for info on dear old Micky Bray's cars, and cor blimey guvnor, there was my old Pop reg OPO 836 powered by a 302 with a C4, jag rear and Jago front axle modified by Nick Butler so it went round corners. It's the Ford dark red, almost maroon with horizontal slatted grill and horrendously wide rear fenders. I wonder if it's still on the road? When I built it, it was a bit rusty and I only boxed the standard frame rails with my mickey mouse welder, in fact I did most of it with oxy acetylene. The reg number came from old mate Simon Lane who had POP 836 on a stock Pop. He ran his VAN reg on his Fordson Speed Freak so never used the POP number. I think he sold it. The original reg for my POP was 198 JMP but I much preferred the OPO number so I got it registered with that number. I had a bit of agro with the DVLA but I blagged it through. I built the car over a two and a half year period in an old chicken shed in Small Dole Sussex. There was loads of room there but I had to rig up plastic over the open windows and I would see the odd rat wander in obviously looking for the long departed chickens. I don't have a rod at this time although I do keep up to date with a few old rod mates. My stable includes a '62 Porsche 356, '86 Porsche SSE and a new Cayenne plus my old '48 Harley, a Buell and don't forget my monkey bike. I really loved my old Pop and wish I still had the old girl, but time passes on . . .
it will be back on the road very soon