Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

The Robin Cook Collection of historic rod photos

17K views 88 replies 22 participants last post by  Bee 
#1 ·
Robin Cook has been into cars since 1978 and has taken many, many photos from shows over the years. There is currently a Facebook page @AcrossTheDecades where these pics are being uploaded to, but as it was only started a couple of months ago there are still a lot more gems to come.

https://www.facebook.com/AcrossTheDecades/

The pics taken are often not the greatest quality as back in the day you didn't know it was rubbish until you paid out to get it developed :pmsl: and too late to take it again. Robin had a habit of getting 26 or more pics out of a 24 roll of film so I will also post up the ones where there the end of roll is visible as it may be a new pic or memory for some car owner.

It will be a slow process but in the meantime I hope you enjoy. These first few are from the NASC nationls in 1989 and are the loose pics left in the envelopes and not the ones in the albums.

See less See more
#8 ·
You would think that the owners of these cars would be interested in seeing their old cars all these years later but no one seems to ever comment, I know they aren't all going to be on here, but with all the social media shit that goes on you would think SOME of them would find out about this/other thread/s.

Maybe its me that is hanging on to an interest that's been with me for 45years for waaay too long LOL.

Great quality pics, my friend still owns the green 3 row grill Pop with the hydraulic lifted bodyshell that he built when he was 20+....we are 58 now LOL
Where the fk did all these cars go ?

#9 ·
Not even a reply to how folks would like to see the pics posted so I gather there's not that much interest on here, hey ho.

We knew the guy with the pop you're talking about, supplied the grill trim when he was building it.

Just finished scanning a few pics from 91, posted on Facebook and immediate response, my mate owned that, my old car etc etc. So stick to where they are appreciated is my view. Sorry for the ones who liked them but as I say if everyone was a passive viewer there would be feck all to look at on forums and social media. A bit of feedback or the odd like goes a long way. There is no finacial gain for us just sharing our memories which takes a lot of time.

My Facebook profile is public so if you're not on there but still want to see the pics send me a private message. Cheers.

#23 ·
Is it still as busy/good as back then in '10?
We haven't been for a while as our cars are now too new for the NSRA and they wind us up with their 1972 cut off year but when you look on the show area there are many cars outside the years specified but it doesn't matter as they are a member, friend or whatever other excuse we can come up with.
If you were inclined I believe Old Warden is the one to go to but we are probably going to the one at Rutland Showground this year to catch up with some old friends.

#28 ·
Noted, thank you.
If this heap of mine still works after 13years off the road, I need to use the goddam thing, i've carried the thing round with me for 36 years LOL.
Great pics, I never realised there was (still) so many cars ,of such a high calibre in the UK....there's me thinking I was hanging onto this hobby "too long":smoke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.