Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Top of the chops....

Tags
chops top
253K views 868 replies 188 participants last post by  RockinRodder 
#1 ·
Lets see all those roofchopped motors, the madder the better, but anything goes....these are all from the ian walker collection & are from knebworth 83, that vauxhall at the ends now scrapped.....damn shame...:sniff:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·

Attachments

#8 ·
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q286/296moon/ALBERT003.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I THINK THE LAST I HEARD ON HERE WAS THE VAUXHALL DID GET SCRAPPED, CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?

LOVE THAT CA BEDFORD, DID IT GET FINISHED?:smoke:

#10 ·
Love the gold Corsair in the pics, built by Mick Wills with a very subtle but effective chop.

Here are a few pics. When I have scanned my old 35mm photos will post a few more UK ones.

I used to have the Dorset and confess to often going out in the garage alone and running my hands over that smooth chop (done whilst under the ownership of Dave Rose from the IOW I think, then very nicely finished by Tony Puttick).

So who's got a pic of the Smoke City Wheelers bus then - must be the most famous ever UK chop?

Attachments

#14 ·
So who's got a pic of the Smoke City Wheelers bus then - must be the most famous ever UK chop?
here you go, one of our old bus,

and one of my old chopped 105e,
[/QUOTE]

LOVED THAT ANGLIA GARY, WHY DID IT GET PARTED OUT?? :sniff: I ALSO HEARD THE BUS IS NOW BEING UNCHOPPED IS THAT RIGHT?

#13 ·
:rofl:

bob.....:smoke:
you just have to do it dont you, i mean you just have to go one above dont you, anyway that pickups not roofchopped!!.....:rofl::smoke:

#16 ·
LOVED THAT ANGLIA GARY, WHY DID IT GET PARTED OUT?? :sniff: I ALSO HEARD THE BUS IS NOW BEING UNCHOPPED IS THAT RIGHT?[/QUOTE]

had the anglia about 20 years?
was part way through rebuilding it, again,
this time with a 454 b/b chevy,
then suddenly decided to move it on, had enough i suppose?
sold all the parts off separate and the complete shell went to Julian at pop parts plus, no idea where it is now?

the bus initially went to some restorers who intended to unchop it!
they moved it on to some guys who took it to the footie world cup in Germany,
think it was up for sale recently.

#20 ·
LOVED THAT ANGLIA GARY, WHY DID IT GET PARTED OUT?? :sniff: I ALSO HEARD THE BUS IS NOW BEING UNCHOPPED IS THAT RIGHT?
had the anglia about 20 years?
was part way through rebuilding it, again,
this time with a 454 b/b chevy,
then suddenly decided to move it on, had enough i suppose?
sold all the parts off separate and the complete shell went to Julian at pop parts plus, no idea where it is now?

the bus initially went to some restorers who intended to unchop it!
they moved it on to some guys who took it to the footie world cup in Germany,
think it was up for sale recently.[/QUOTE]

CHEERS GARY, 1ST I KNEW IT HAD BEEN BROKE WAS AT THE REDBOURNE NATS WHERE I SAW SOME OF THE BODY PARTS ON A STALL I THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN POP PARTS PLUS OR POP BROWNS (OR IS THAT THE SAME THING!), I SEEM TO RECALL THAT BUS 4 SALE AS WELL?.....

Attachments

#365 ·
That must have been before 1984 because you bought my angle chopped A100 with the 318 in it in about 1983. I think you used the engine in yours and were going to redo the chop for one of your mates.....what happened to it?...that is if i'm not being a clod and you are Bavvers????
Cha7z

#38 ·
Hhhhmmmmm, lots of lovely stuff coming on here, love that pink vw thing & the bus chop pics, in fact its all lovely stuff!!

Heres a few more...1st 3 pics are knebworth 80, last 2 are knebworth 81
pics courtesy of ian walker.......:smoke:

Attachments

#40 ·
IM SURE SOMEONE WILL SOON FILL US IN ON THAT GREEN 57, THINK IT STILL EXISTS, BUT IS ROTTING AWAY??, HELP PEOPLE ,I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BLACK AL CA BLOWN DAIMLER??...:smoke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.