Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

What happened to Dorset Horn?

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  farncombe pop 
#1 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Yep he's right, i have it now:D. Tiki Monkey Mk1 has past on but will not be forgotten. Currently called "GasolineScream" and is being revamped/modded as we speak. Will remain very much an entry level car, keeping pinto power and the nostalga looks. The chassis is off Dorset Horn but not sure which chassis number, think it was the original. The car is in its first look of "Tki Monkey" before the Ruby body went on using a 23T body off an old meth burner way back when. The Ruby body will resurace on Scotts new "Tiki Monkey" i think. Racing RWYB's and Wild Bunch hopefully. My rookie year, costing me a fortune already but cant wait:tup:

Dan:smoke:

#10 ·
#16 ·
I showed Dick this thread, and this is what he came back with ..

'the only Horn body that I didn't wreck or alter to a next generation was Henry's Revenge. That body was inside the original mould in a field at the back of John Powis's garage, so I expect that's where someone saw the old body'. Hope this helps ..

#20 ·
I've got a video in the loft somewhere of a documentary type film of both Dorset Horn & the Fire ***** 100E bodied Altered on a weekend away at the Pod, it ends with incar footage of one of them rolling, Fire ***** I think.

Looking at those photos makes you wonder why more people don't build more English bodied, '70's styled Altered for RWYB's etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.