Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  65
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manxdavid View Post
    I can't get any of the downloaded files to open, is it just me?
    Takes a few seconds but will ask you to download the docs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Mark – Apologies for the correction, but the last day for consultation replies is the 2nd March.

So there is only a few weeks left.

Cheers, Paul.
    Good spot Paul, amended.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though I really appreciate the efforts individuals have gone to in compiling a draft letter for us to use, I personally think it doesn't completely address the governments ‘supposed’ concerns.
    We have to first look at ‘what’s in it for them’. This particular part of the proposed ruling relates purely to emissions. So one would assume that the Govt ‘supposedly’ has concerns about emissions/pollution and perhaps the associated health problems and how this affects the masses, (voters in an election).

In my opinion the draft offered tends to focus a little too much on how the new changes will affect hotrodders/kit car builders – a minority with little voting clout.

I can see why you have taken the tack you have, but personally I think it is better to address their ‘supposed’ concern head on, and give the Government an answer to the masses if they asked why an older engine, with higher emissions than a modern one, is allowed to be fitted in a newly built kit car.

So, in addition to using the points made in the draft, I intend to add a paragraph, something along the following lines-

“The numbers of vehicles affected by this proposed new ruling is so small and so infrequently used, that there would be no noticeable effect on the environment, and any possible negative effects from increased emissions would easily be off set by the fact that these types of vehicles comprise of recycled components that have not required the use of ‘new’ raw materials and energy in their manufacture. “

Basically nullify the emissions argument for including this proposed ruling.

I understand concerns about possibly shooting ourselves in the foot in the future with potential threats about limited mileage. However, the whole reason I like old timey hot rods is because they are old timey and recreate technology from a previous era. If I was ever given a choice of being able to use an old timey technology on a limited basis, or only being able to use modern technology, I know which I’d go for.

4. LikesScotia, redoxide, JackGriffin liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need to answer all the questions, it will just register no comment. Just fill in those that affect modified vehicles.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The letters posted are as is stated "Templates", you are of course free to add in whatever you like, or indeed write one from scratch. No pressure to use any template, they're just to help those that might be struggling to get their head round it.

8. Likesv8.jimmy, kapri, Moosevan liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there a non faceache template letter anywhere yet?
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redoxide View Post
    would it be prudent to add a line to explain that most home builds and enthusiast vehicles of all categories are used on an infrequent basis , generally not as daily drivers and mostly outwith built up areas and for limited miles when the weather permits.. It would also be usefull to consider that not every homebuilt ca is being used at the same time and therefore the effect of them on the environment would not even be measurable .. ??
    I understand Jim but we are already subject to limited mileage through our insurance policies.. usually 5000 miles a year that only us in Scotland are probably likely to get close to..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The unfortunate problem is that the Federation pointed out that most Historic users do no more than 1000 miles a year , with facts and figures to back that up.

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redoxide View Post
    I understand Jim but we are already subject to limited mileage through our insurance policies.. usually 5000 miles a year that only us in Scotland are probably likely to get close to..
    mine is unlimited mileage with Footman James mate, and I think that our lovely government would propose much lower figures than 5000 as they seem hell bent on getting us off the road

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I've sent e-mails to Jesse Norman, Andy McDonald and my local MP, Martyn Day. I will reply directly to the consultation as well of course. I have also added an article on my own facebook page with links to the consultation and to the facebook page to help with replies. Don't know how it'll get on but the last time I put the other consultation on my fb page it got over 20,000 hits, so here goes again at the risk of being heckled as a scare monger once again lol. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...49860981796410

14. Likesblackpopracing liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I hear what you're saying Chris and I think the rest of the Consultation seems fair and dandy to reign in the manufactuers who refused to follow and in the end blatantly abused the emissions regs.
    Global companies puking out much higher declared pollutions are scumbags and are our enemies too.

For me, a personal, emotive plea is more likely to win concessions. I retrieved a V5C by this method when it could have went very bad indeed.

Anyhoo, my poor example is...
    You owe the taxman a £50 charge.
    (used the taxman as they are legend for being ruthless)

You can argue the case on legal points but bang to rights, you're going down.
    A government body is geared up for legal begal stuff all day long and just makes them more determined. IMO

Accept the situation and ask for more time - granted!

Having said all that guff, I will pitch in like you say. But it has to be short and sweet.

To really make their head shake I may PS it by claiming mega Credits for my "Carbon Footprint"
    I worked from home for 15 years with an Imac, kettle and little heater.
    No commute to a big heated office in a stinking city.
    I could run a rogue Dieselgate VW ****box for five years and still have credits left.
    THEY OWE ME BIG TIME! There are many dolphins and polar bears out there alive and kicking because I slowed down climate change. *******s

16. Likeskapri liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information