2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's only the selling of new cars.

But who knows what will happen.

Have to say it's really nice having no traffic on the road.its so quiet out and the air seams so clean.

Maybe we need s months lockdown every few years,
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily that’s only for the sale of new petrol and diesel engined vehicles. As long as they don’t try taxing the rest of us off of the road we should be ok for a good few years yet.
    It does mean that all properly registered rods and sods will attract a premium as getting a twin turbo fuel injected SBC through BIVA would only be possible by making it electric.... *shudders and wimpers..

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    They better get the grid sorted out...all these electric **** boxes charging may put us back to the blackout years.

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

7. Likesdenby, v8.jimmy, Wolselliac liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a more worrying note I was watching the chairman of BP talking about the NEGATIVE value of crude oil due to the fact thay are running out of storage space.

He was saying some refinerys may close forever and that oil may be allowed to just fizzle out instead of being the mainstay it is now.

Whilst oil prices are nagative now due to extremely reduced demand it may turn the other way once the world is out of lockdown when demand increases and there are fewer places to supply ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    will we see a big growth in reconditing centres that will do whole car if we cannot make new petrol or diesel that would be my plan if I was younger
    keeping vintage iron alive

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    On a more worrying note I was watching the chairman of BP talking about the NEGATIVE value of crude oil due to the fact thay are running out of storage space.

He was saying some refinerys may close forever and that oil may be allowed to just fizzle out instead of being the mainstay it is now.

Whilst oil prices are nagative now due to extremely reduced demand it may turn the other way once the world is out of lockdown when demand increases and there are fewer places to supply ?
    I heard that, too. A Texas valuation at the mo, but Brent Crude (our oil source) dropped in value too. After this is all over in some ways we want oil prices to be buoyant to make it worth extracting and distributing.

My main concern with the 2035 Govt edict is that folk may not be buying new petrol/diesel cars for years before that as they'll see it as a risk that the vehicles subsequently won't have any value. Hopefully, it might go other way if electric vehicles are still expensive and don't have much of a range. This pandemic will shake things up and may have unforeseen consequences eg my wife works part time in an office thirty miles away in central Bristol; she's currently working from home and it's working out ok. So, why go into office at all? Does she need her own car? On a personal level, this is a bit concerning as I only drive hobby cars and rely on hers as practical back-up!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    its the oil dealers that have screwed the price, they buy it and keep it on tankers hoping the price will rise, making a killing in the process... basically keeping storage at capacity until they hit their profit target.... well that's gone to pot!

the international lockdowns meant oil demand has dropped, but still they wanna wait for the profit, BUT they can't slow production quick enough and have run out of storage, so literally paying people to take the oil from the producers!

12. LikesWolselliac liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we shouldn't underestimate the insane speed of R&D in the 21st century, when there's money involved.

I have no doubt in TEN YEARS TIME non fossil fuel transport will be incredible. All the fears gone and folks happy with their leased buzz bombs. I think it's quite exciting, lightning quick skateboards and motorbikes. What's not to like.

You're right that folks won't 'buy' fossil or hybrid vehicles as it gets closer.

Happily though I think some kinda fuel will run my 383 stroker till I have my licence revoked

This is it lads! We've seen some crazy **** over the last few years and it's gonna continue so buckle up and enjoy a monumental change in the history of the industrial revolution!!
    "We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again."

14. Likeskapri liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    I think we shouldn't underestimate the insane speed of R&D in the 21st century, when there's money involved.

I have no doubt in TEN YEARS TIME non fossil fuel transport will be incredible. All the fears gone and folks happy with their leased buzz bombs. I think it's quite exciting, lightning quick skateboards and motorbikes. What's not to like.

You're right that folks won't 'buy' fossil or hybrid vehicles as it gets closer.

Happily though I think some kinda fuel will run my 383 stroker till I have my licence revoked

This is it lads! We've seen some crazy **** over the last few years and it's gonna continue so buckle up and enjoy a monumental change in the history of the industrial revolution!!
    Ahh, you've a point there, Jim, on the leasing. The majority of vehicles in UK are bought on PCPs, so provided that premiums for these are still reasonable folk will still want vehicles as there's not the risk of not being able to unload after the three/four years term. Following this crisis there'll be less fuel stations as the small independents may disappear, as the money is made on flogging The Sun and Mars bars when folk fill up. This will be prepping us for long drives to the pumps in fifteen years when most of the rest have gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information