Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: pro build BIVA

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

pro build BIVA

with all the talk of building to BIVA specs, are there any newly built cars by rodshops in the UK being built to BIVA spec or is it considered to hard to meet giving the style customers may require, and how are all these new rods being registered ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: pro build BIVA

As far as I remember, pro-builds aren't eligible for the BIVA test as it is for amateur builders.

Kev should be able to tell you more
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what the pro shops are doing but a FULLY pro built car has to go for the stricter IVA not the Amateur Built BIVA.

It is possible to have a rolling chassis built for the customer to finish the build and still go for BIVA.

Also it is possible to have your amateur built car prepped for BIVA by a professional .

Build style isn't an issue IF you read the regs and chose the components carefully.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if its pro built could u not claim u built it yourself? Will rod shops go down the swanee due to BIVA?

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

when the supply of old useable log books runs out(or get too expensive) shops will have to build to BIVA specs to survive surely, pro builders cant have there heads stuck in the sand not to see times will change as more restrictive rules come in, what will happen to all the pro or hobby builds that have been wrongly registered since we were supposed to be building to SVA specs since 1998?

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 29pu View Post
    when the supply of old useable log books runs out(or get too expensive) shops will have to build to BIVA specs to survive surely, pro builders cant have there heads stuck in the sand not to see times will change as more restrictive rules come in, what will happen to all the pro or hobby builds that have been wrongly registered since we were supposed to be building to SVA specs since 1998?
    Agree, I would hope tht rod shops will build now under the IVA regs as I think this will help there business to survive as I cant see many wanting to pay mega bucks for a ride that will sooner or later get a tug. We have some exellent pro builders here in the UK and I would hate to see them go under as they are a very talented bunch. Are any of the guys involved in the consultation group going to speak to the various rod shops and explain what is required?????????

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy View Post
    Even if its pro built could u not claim u built it yourself? Will rod shops go down the swanee due to BIVA?

To qualify you need a photographic history of the build. Trust me they have ways and means of knowing what's right that I won't go into here

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 29pu View Post
    Any cars caught will suffer the same fate as those caught already , removal of right to registration and then sent for BIVA. Over at ACE we only lay down the facts of the legislation and do not attempt to dictate how anyone should build as it is their choice and consequences.

Regardless of what anyone intends to do reference registration, whether that be staying within the 8 points system, using the existing SVA /BIVA test or carrying on regardless we suggest building to BIVA standards re lay out of fuel ,brake lines wiring etc etc and also purchasing items to BIVA standard where there is a choice ie glass replacement.It saves having to redo anything at 'root' level later , especially when most of it is a good spec and zero extra cost option anyway.

Many of those we have spoken with realise that if they are going to build to the spec that they may as well then use the test anyway.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy View Post
    Agree, I would hope tht rod shops will build now under the IVA regs as I think this will help there business to survive as I cant see many wanting to pay mega bucks for a ride that will sooner or later get a tug. We have some exellent pro builders here in the UK and I would hate to see them go under as they are a very talented bunch. Are any of the guys involved in the consultation group going to speak to the various rod shops and explain what is required?????????

why are they sooner or later gonna get a tug.
    please explain and the effects this will have.
    only facts and not some what if scenario.

seams cars that are going for inspection are because of some sort of iregularity on there v5,s as in numbers not matching or like that bently when plates are being transfered.
    there not out to get you and theres nothing in place for them to try and catch you ,ie at mot level.
    probably nothing new anyways just with the internet its more widely known.

maybe those interested in all this should concentrate on there own rides and not worry about how anyone else is going to register their car.
    maybe countryboy you should get a car instead of wasting youre life dreaming
    and worrying

29pu
    whats it got to do with you how others cars are registered.are you the vosa spy.cant you just enjoy the cars for what they are instead of nosing around into registration issues.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

well i like rods lots and would like to see rodding keep going in the UK and not be forbiden like the rest of europe , times are changeing and the future holds lots of new challenges for rodders, you cant live in the past and build what you want any way you want any more, supposedly since 1998 when SVA was introduced all new builds should have been inspected but this was never strictly enforced so got ignored, but since BIVA and a self funding DVLA hunting for money all wrongly registered cars be it rods, kits ,claiming free road tax is seen as robbing the DVLA of income, they clamped down on wrongly registered range rovers, cobra kits, chops, i would like to know where i stand as a rodder with wrongly registered cars in the past, pre 82 ,when the Q reg was issued, and post 98 when SVA happened,there must be lots of wrongly registered cars out there , some no fault of the present owners,and some down to fiddling the system, since its rumoured that the german TUV are interested in taking over running of the MOT system the future could well hold a few surprises,cameras at test time the dreaded is this car modified box, we have none of this at present and we are lucky, but we should all be aware whats out there and build, safe legal cars in the long haul it will be to our own beneit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information