+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pro build BIVA

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: pro build BIVA

youre talking about rumours.
    sorry mate but not interested in bull****.
    hard facts only.
    think youre find wrongly registered goes back further than 98 as the points system was in place befor sva.
    build youre car how you want and register how you want and leave everyone else to do there own thing.

who told you its all seen as robbing dvla.
    was this a dvla/vosa press release or another rumour you heard on the internet.
    can you post up the link

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

nobody, a dreamer, totally agree mate. Worrying, no not really, interested, yes. Facts, plenty on the NSRA forum site.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

the fact is all hobby built cars since 98 that did not fit the DVLA points system as have been illegally registered on purpose are ringers, thats a real dodgy area to be building your fun car in,if you have a accident in your ringer plastic replica 32 coupe, someone gets hurt, police look at your car and V5c says 1963 ford cortina or 1937 rover you will find your insurance company will be running for the hills, you will be fined, dodgy V5c taken away is this the way you think rods should be built and registered, these are facts that could happen to any illegally registered car be it a rod or whatever,you think **** cant happen, pro shops cant get raided for building ringers because in the eyes of the law thats what they are, it happened to boyd coddington in the land of the free, britain is still a free country and each has there own opinion and you can drive your ringers until you get caught that does not concern me,but badly built illegally registered, unisured, never safety inspected ringers driving on the same roads i do does bother me, if you own a ringer rod please post pics of them with reg number so i know to keep well clear.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Cannibals c.c
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Will you lot just shut the **** Up! Especially on an open forum FFS!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

hi crusty, i dont think anything has been said on any open forum that the DVLA or any other interested goverment body dont already know about, maybe its us thats at fault with this situation not realising that our cars should be legal, we as rodders, myself included were very slow at catching on over the SVA test, now we have BIVA a harder test to past but it can be done, as can building a legal rod within the DVLA 8 points system, not talking about this wont make it go away, nor will complaining if anyone posts about this subject, rodders around the rest of the world as facing big changes to the way they build as well as us, who would have thought that california the home of the hotrod would face restrictive regulation, australia used to have quite a free system now its not, having to get a pro to do your welding,its a new regulated rodding world ahead it will never be the way it was again,i dont like what we have now, i would have prefered having to get a engineers report that your rod was safe and keeping your old plates, but thats not the case,the only good thing about BIVA is we can still build and be legal, kit car builders pass this test so surely we can.

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

The content on some of the posts ought to be given serious thought before hitting the "post" button.

Nothing wrong with discussion but some of the details don't need to be published for all to see.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

i would still say there is nothing secret to any interested goverment body as to any activities of peoples activities involving cars, be it criminals stealing and ringing cars for profit, of the range rover owner who puts early plates on a later vehicle to get free tax, VOSA, DVLA,police , are not stupid they do know what happens out there its just when and where they deciede to do something about it, rodders have been caught up in evolving regulation over the last 40 years since rodding started in the uk, some of the problems lie with goverment not being clear and enforcing any new regs, such as in the 70s cars v5s after notification of modification where supposed to be put on the v5 , lots of times this never happened, this happened to me they came gave me a new chassis number but the v5 just came back with new engine size and chassis number,after 82 if you did not meet the points system you were supposed to get a Q plate, this was poorly enforced, come 1998 and SVA , again never strictly enforced but it worked for some,kit cars flocked to it and passed, now we have BIVA ,its seems now goverment is more interested in enforcing any changes such as engine size,it seems rodders and others that have been caught up in a poorly enforced system over the years especially since 1998 and SVA when cars should have been tested need some sort of advice or a way out being illegally registered other than if caught being sent for a BIVA test, its 98 to date is the problem area if your cars wrongy registered will your insurance cover you if you hurt someone, is you MOT valid if your tested as a 1930s car and should be tested as a new car, if you claim free tax and you r not entitled do they want this back,in todays world of people willing to sue, if your wrongly registered car has a accident you could be open to no end of grief for both you and your family, this is why i think we should be aware of this issue and not sweep it under the carpet because we dont like it, we can build legal safe hotrods ,kev and others have shown us how,these people are the real rodding heroes showing us the way forward and not hiding in the past.

Cannibals c.c
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs downRe: pro build BIVA

I wont have someone telling me what I can and cannot do, especially some pen pushing jobsworth from a DVLA government department:****er:, screw them Im sick of it and Im not the only one! We will build what we want, when we want it. How lame has the Hot Rodding fraternaty become in this counrty to be dictated to, all for the good of, all for the good of whom it should read!!
    Rodding used to be about indivduallity, it used to mean being a rebel, sticking two fingers up at the establishment, wheres the anarchy gone?? It certainly isnt in this country anymore!!
    You go on about Kit Cars getting through this test, you've answered your own question, that is exactly what they are Kit Cars. They bolt together and are tested to a very exacting formula through BIVA/SVA. Do you want 'our' type of vehicles to become 'bolt-togethers' just so as you can get a so called legal ticket, get real!

Very ****ed of Crusty!!!
    Last edited by Crusty; 31-03-2010 at 16:09.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

thats life in the modern world, people tell you what you can and cant do every day, tell you you have to pay taxes,tell you where you can and cant park, tell you what speed you can go, if everyone is such a rebel, dont pay your car tax, dont pay your car insurance, dont bother with a MOT, rip off those useless number plates,put your money where your mouth is ignore all the laws you dont like, it wont affect me when they lock you up, the laws they have laid down to run a rod or the road in the future are quite clear now, there are several options open to all rodders, to run a illegal rod in a world where you are spied on by goverment is madness , it seems to me the only people who are complaining about this subject getting an airing are the people who have a ringer rod and dont want to get caught or are incapable of building a rod to pass a BIVA test, the real rebels are breaking new ground by building rods to pass BIVA, no they dont have to be kitrods, this thread started to find out if pro builders were building customers rods to pass a BIVA test it would seem that they are not.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

off topic but just got this in the newsletter from CBS - stating what's already been discussed and summat I never knew.

Like it says good and bad news.
    Good in that modifying cars is being catered for and not just banned in some other countries so in the right direction for EU acceptance - which must help!.
    Bad news for new kustoms/bonkers engine swaps.

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS
    There has been one hugely significant recent development in the home Car Building industry that seems to have slipped under the radar of most mainstream publications. The Netherlands is introducing it's own IVA test for Kit Car builders. Previously, builders have had to trailer their cars to UK for the test then re-import them to Holland. We already have lots of loyal customers in Holland so this may well open the flo od gates to many more. And who knows, there is always the possibility that other Euro zone countries may well follow suit.

And so to the bad news (or maybe good news depending on your standpoint).
    DVLA have made an attempt to clarify the rules regarding 'structural modifications'. It seems that Bulkhead and Transmission Tunnel modifications along with roof-chops on a monocoque now require the vehicle to be IVA'd. Vehicles with a chassis are still OK. As always, if in doubt, speak to the inspectors at your local testing station.
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information