Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Plates must be laid down standard which includes visible reflective area between character and edge of plate . Less than 7 numbers means plate can LEGALLY be smaller than standard but with correct size font size . The character size reduced in the latest updates. ie those plates with EU flag can legally have the EU piece removed whilst still meeting regs . To pass MOT the plate must carry correct BS for when plate manufactured and also manufacturers mark.
    Thanks for reply and the information Kev

2. Likeskapri liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Some folks seem to flaunt it no worries.
    Bloke near me has always had a black number plate with just a long number on it like... 324576
    Currently on that huge Jaguar Panzerwaggon thing!?!?
    Yes i dont think the police are too bothered or they are too busy, but the last time i got pulled the two coppers decided to go over the car and check everything, thats the first time i,ve had that happen though.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a case of misrepresentation of number the DVLA hav ethe power ,for a second offence , to simply deregister the car thus making illegal to drive at all.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Some folks seem to flaunt it no worries.
    Bloke near me has always had a black number plate with just a long number on it like... 324576
    Currently on that huge Jaguar Panzerwaggon thing!?!?
    Guernsey plate possibly ??

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    3e
    In a case of misrepresentation of number the DVLA hav ethe power ,for a second offence , to simply deregister the car thus making illegal to drive at all.
    Christ, if they did that round my way there’d be a huge number of vehicles off of the road especially if you include the ****s who think it’s ok to have their front plate in the windscreen :****er:

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of supercars have no front plate . My mate had problems at a particular petrol stations as they would not unlock pump until a ANPR camera had read his front number plate. It always meant a walk into the office . He said it’s a small price to pay as the fine for no front number plate would be less than a fine for being caught by a speeding van , and no points . 2 years down the line he’s never been stopped for the fallen off front plate .

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    when ANPR was first being introduced at all the gatherings of cars and bikes there was a group of slightly creepy cops skulking around with little stencils checking size and spacings of letters on plates started with warnings and then fines not seen them in years so was probably an initiative to make as many plates ANPR readable.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roymck View Post
    Lots of supercars have no front plate . My mate had problems at a particular petrol stations as they would not unlock pump until a ANPR camera had read his front number plate. It always meant a walk into the office . He said it’s a small price to pay as the fine for no front number plate would be less than a fine for being caught by a speeding van , and no points . 2 years down the line he’s never been stopped for the fallen off front plate .
    I used to have a plate on one of mine on a hinge that you could remove a swing over fitting that kept it upright to allow easy acess to the engine bay . Was forever working loose and the plate falling backwards so couldn't be seen.

12. Likeschoppedblownpop, drseg liked this post
    I'm a grown up member now ! dart's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plates must be laid down standard which includes visible reflective area between character and edge of plate . Less than 7 numbers means plate can LEGALLY be smaller than standard but with correct size font size . The character size reduced in the latest updates. ie those plates with EU flag can legally have the EU piece removed whilst still meeting regs . To pass MOT the plate must carry correct BS for when plate manufactured and also manufacturers mark.
    BS number and manufacturers mark are not required for MOT. This is from the MOT inspection manual section 0.1. Registration plates:-
    "You do not need to inspect the following items:
    the supplier’s name
    postcode
    BS number
    logos or emblems outside the minimum margin around the registration number "
    Wasn't this requirement in the test about 15 or so years ago for about 3-4 weeks.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a mate drove about for months in a Range Rover with no back number plate because it had fallen off. He had made one out of cardboard and a friendly copper told him that the fine for not displaying a number plate was less than for displaying a non complient one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information