Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

will I get a V5c with this?

Ive seen an Austin Ruby chassis on ebay -

"This is a complete chassis frame from a 1935 Austin Ruby, together with a few other appropriate parts including a crankcase. a pair of rear springs, and a later (Girling) back axle.

The chassis has been at the back of a shed for fifty years, and so is not the usual 21st century rotten specimen. There is absolutely no rot, and only minimal surface corrosion on the rear outriggers. The main rails and cross members are in excellent condition and still retain mostly original factory paint; all rivets are secure, and there is no evidence of the usual cracks around the rear spring mounts. There is no documentation available, but there is a clear chassis number which dates from the middle of 1935, and the crankcase I am including has a slightly earlier number, but still of 1935 manufacture, so it will be straight forward to obtain an age-related number in due course.

It will provide an ideal base for constructing a special, which was my intention, or equally it is ideal for mating to one of the many sound Ruby bodies which have appeared on the market in the last few years.

The crankcase has a good front bearing lip, so no remedial work needed there, although there are a few broken studs which will need drilling out. The springs have some wear on the leaves, but could be reused if desired. The back axle is incomplete, missing one half-shaft and back-plate, and both hubs and brake components, but is ideal if you want to adopt hydraulic brakes.

Cash on collection only from North Nottinghamshire."

Currently its about £100, with 9 days to go the price is bound to rise a lot.
    Will I be able to get a V5c with this, or will they want to see the whole car built up?
    I can't afford to buy everything to build an original car.
    Last edited by Taxirod; 12-01-2020 at 08:09.
    I may live in East London, I may have a number plate that reads "Chopt", but I do NOT use 6" wheel spacers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need a whole roadworthy car with original body( or POSSIBLY special body speak to VHRA) to generate a v5c.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Applying for a V5 on the chassis number could open up a can of worms if the number has been used elsewhere!

Assuming it hasn't been you then you would need to reconstruct it as a complete car using mostly original parts from around the era it was built, then you can apply for registration.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kev and Wagonman.
    This is what I was afraid of, thanks for confirming.
    I may live in East London, I may have a number plate that reads "Chopt", but I do NOT use 6" wheel spacers!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if I buy a vehicle with photocopied V5 and DVLA also recognise the number on their system ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    But only te one with the chassis will get the V5c . Well in fact the guy with the chassis wil have to get it to a roadworthy conditio BEFPRE they will issue it even if the acknowledge his right to them.
    Last edited by kapri; 19-01-2020 at 17:45.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    As previous post, DVLA have my vehicle on their system but won't provide a V5C until completed ???
    How do I get round that Kevin.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is correct procedure now . You DON'T get it until restored. Would you believe bad people have been known to sell on paperwork without cars in the past meaning |DVLA hav eto find a way to stop ?

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So they assume everyone is a crook ?
    There are also a great many unrestored cars out there with V5's .
    I can understand if the number had been lost for many years and then re-applied for.
    I have a 1926 Daimler which was initially refused a V5c but they relented and I have the V5 for it ??

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, as with everything they do it is down to 'you' to prove truth not down to them to prove lie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information