Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict TheOldShedSquad's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Ideas for AGM discussion

As it's mightily quiet on here and it's only 2 weeks to the AGM, does anyone have any points or issues to raise that could stand some discussion on here first?

Here are a couple of ideas we had

Rule 1b states: 1b) Entry is restricted to four wheel vehicles deemed to be in the spirit of the series. (i.e. for 2013, front wheel drive is allowed.) No cycles, trikes or quad bikes. Generally vehicles should be at least twenty years old. The organisers decision on eligibility is final.

We reckon there should be a clause in there to say that you can race absolutely anything that takes your fancy FOR YOUR FIRST SEASON. You can race a feckin' Saxo if you want, but only for the first year; for the following year you should have something that fits the bill. Or, if it turns out that the NSCC isn't for you, off you go, no harm, no foul.

Here's another idea. I'm going to try to get a bundle of business cards printed out with NSCC details on. If I can, I'll bring them to the AGM, and if we each take a dozen or so we can stick one under the wiper of any cool car we see. I don't doubt that 11 out of every 12 will end up in the bin, but that 12th one ... you never know.
    And how about a bring-a-mate bonus. If you're in NSCC, bring along a mate who's never joined NSCC before but fancies the craic. If your mate joins up and plays the game, when he/she has completed the minimum qualifying criteria, YOU get a 250 point bonus.

Discuss...
    You CAN polish a turd...
    ... but I wouldn't want to T-Cut it

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    rule 1b ... fine .. no problem ... point 2 . fine but think the majority will stay as is .. point 3 , the suggestion was brought up last year about flyers .. nothing happened , some of us have have quietly asked people to join.... my one topic for discussion is a return to the sportsman tree ( i hope to double up to sportsman too )so yes , i have an interest to have the sportsman tree .. no doubt i will get slagged off for all this .. but , hey ho .. i dont wanna see the nscc die , so rather than keep quiet , im saying something

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    CRUISES .. none to be added from me but think the scottish contingent might want to add ( up to them to ask ) ... SHOW NEWS .. atm , no hartlepool hot rod weekend , no steel city . one show maybe to add ( but feel its a little late in the season ) harrogate (was same weekend as blackpool show 2013 ) one moan i heard all year was the cost of racing at york ( if you raced at every meeting ) maybe some contingency sponsorship could be found ? RACES .. THE POWER TOUR 2014 to be added ( maybe if you do the full 3 track weekend is instant qualy for nscc . as that weekend will be the biggest chance to add new entrants ( aug bank hol weekend was the best turnout of nscc cars ( 14 , i think )
    Last edited by vitaminc74; 13-02-2014 at 21:56.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I like the ideas, the biz card is idea is a good one, not knocking the flyer idea but think about it, you see a car that fits the bill you want to put a flyer on, balls not got any on me! A few biz cards in you wallet at all times, perfect will slap one under the wiper now!

I like the idea of, run a car for the season, if they don't like it like you say, no harm, no foul, how are people ment to know what its like unless they can try it.

We had talks about a sportsman tree, an bracket racing over many years, my personal view is, most tracks won't change trees for one class. And with such a mixed bunch of cars, et an rt times its like sturing a cup of tar in a tea cup. Many mixed responses and debates about that one.

I say we set a rule that people have to state if they are booking in for a meal at the Barnes 3 days before an event coz its a bloody nightmare to sort out lol

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to see a sportsman tree for us at York but to stay heads up.

Not sure on the new car idea.... so a guy joins in has fun for a year then is told his car isnt suitable to return and he should change it??

Martin, book me in for roast beef at the Barnes Easter please

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just looking from the outside in, having not been involved for a while, is there any mileage, so to speak, in limiting the amount of points that can be accrued outside race events. Cost seems to be a constant issue and if there was a maximum of two cruises and one event per month it might strike a balance between proving streetability and not feeling pressured to go to too many events? I'm not for or against just floating the idea. Allowing slicks from meeting 1 (I don't have any so no vested interest), also seems sensible from a safety and cost point of view???
    Also - it may already exist - is there recognition for most improved ET from start to end of season?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 its very difficult for those further afield to attend so many meets and cruises. I like the limiting idea. It already applies to cruises at 2 per month i think.

Official RnS Addict FlashCadillac's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont understand the limiting shows thing? surely that is a disadvantage to the slower car and you are pushing the series more into a race series? the idea was that the cars that become first round fodder every round can make up the points they miss out on. nobody is forcing anyone to go to more shows than they want to go to :-/

what are your reasons for wanting a sportsman tree?

i dont really like the idea of being able to race anything you want... but i understand we hardly have the numbers to be picky about who races with us

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sportsman tree idea was discussed a few times last year. Most cars in the NSCC have a relatively slow reaction time. No matter how quick the driver is its difficult to cut a good light from a pro tree. With a sporstsman tree every driver can hone his startline technique and get close to a perfect reaction. Some cars need to 'go' on the second amber for example.

Besides... tis good practice for Sportsman ET or in my case Pro ET

Official RnS Addict FlashCadillac's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    but you're meant to go when its green on either tree, and its not like you dont get any warning on the pro tree?

personally, i hate the sportsman tree

why is there even two trees?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information